More questions about going mobile

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emmam

Reaction score
Newly Qualified
Creative Nail Technician

Kylie, J-Lo and Gwen Stefani
are all fans of Creative

I would like to improve my technique
by offering reduced rates
in exchange for your time as a model.

Full set £12
Rebalance £8
Infill £6

How does this sound?
How about the prices?
Do I say no nail biters until my technique is better?
What about breakages?

What else do i need to start as a mobile tech?
How many enamels and what colours?
Aftercare leaflets?
Appointment cards?

TIA

Em x

I wouldn't call you if you said you needed to improve your technique!! I'd be worried I'd have my nails damages and have horrors on the ends of my fingers. Hun, say you need to improve your speed. Model rates are normally around £10-£15 a set, but make them aware how long you take when you book so they know and don't put you under pressure that they have to get away.

If you don't want to do nail biters then ask them when they call, quite often people who bite their nails only nibble at the free edge and so you would be able to do them fine. What you need to steer clear of at this stage is the serial munchers!!

Models in colleges are not entitled to refunds etc, so neither will your clients. Again just make them aware of this when they book, and make them sign a disclaimer on your consultation card.

Your wording doesn't really flow either, you need to pad it out a bit more so you sound more friendly. Then state you use Creative products, a truly professional range favoured by Kylie etc. HTH

Hiya, Creative do aftercare leaflets and appt cards, they are so cheep, about 250 for 4.95. They have the lovely Lulu logo on them.

I would throw youself in at the deep end with nail biters, rarther practice now on models than do none. Breakages are going to happen, so you need something in place to save any qualms later, The rest sounds fine.

Good Luck, xxx

Sassy Hassy said:
I wouldn't call you if you said you needed to improve your technique!! I'd be worried I'd have my nails damages and have horrors on the ends of my fingers. Hun, say you need to improve your speed. Model rates are normally around £10-£15 a set, but make them aware how long you take when you book so they know and don't put you under pressure that they have to get away.

If you don't want to do nail biters then ask them when they call, quite often people who bite their nails only nibble at the free edge and so you would be able to do them fine. What you need to steer clear of at this stage is the serial munchers!!

Models in colleges are not entitled to refunds etc, so neither will your clients. Again just make them aware of this when they book, and make them sign a disclaimer on your consultation card.

Your wording doesn't really flow either, you need to pad it out a bit more so you sound more friendly. Then state you use Creative products, a truly professional range favoured by Kylie etc. HTH
thanks, dont think many people near me know who Creative are so need to plug the stars angle.

agree that improving technique doesnt sound good, will go for time instead.

just need to pad it out now

NailStyle said:
Hiya, Creative do aftercare leaflets and appt cards, they are so cheep, about 250 for 4.95. They have the lovely Lulu logo on them.

I would throw youself in at the deep end with nail biters, rarther practice now on models than do none. Breakages are going to happen, so you need something in place to save any qualms later, The rest sounds fine.

Good Luck, xxx

Dont know how to reply to 2 quotes in one reply. So a seperate one just for you, Thank you

Will be placing an order with Creative for the appt and aftercare cards, i love the LULU design.

i would take out "nelwy qualified" i think all you need to say is "Qualified"
Some people i know are a bit weary of newly qualified techs, they subconciously think they are not skilled even though they are.

XXOO

I would have your price half of what you want to charge and call it a special spring time offer or prom promotion buy one get one free, you can download aftercare advice from the designer nails website or design your own and print off (you can still have the lulu logo on them).

The atars angle is a good one especially with the youngesters they like to folow trends. i started off orginally with 12 polishes that way they dont get too confused then you could show them the colour chart and ask there advice and see wht colours your customers are going for then orde more from there.

Good luck
HTH

Kylie, J-Lo and Gwen Stefani
are all fans of Creative

I would like to improve my technique
by offering reduced rates
in exchange for your time as a model.

Yep, good idea Em. I think i might offer any of them reduced rates to be my model as well :)

Models Required

A qualified, Creative Trained, Nail Technician
Is looking for Models
For a full set of
Forever French Liquid and Powder (acrylic) nails,
A permanent French manicure

Creative products are a truly professional range favoured by
Kylie, Victoria Beckham, J-Lo and Gwen Stefani
To name but a few.

For a limited time only Models Rates are ½ the normal full price

Special offer prices

Full Set £15
Rebalance £9
In Fill £7.50

Call Emma

How does this look, any better??
Are the prices about right?

Thanks

em x

Perfectamondo!! Miles better. Enough info to keep it to the point but still all the info you need. My only niggle (there had to be one lol), is I personally don't like the term "Permanent" French Manicure, this implies it lasts forever. I know we know what we're talking about, but there are some stupid people out there who'll come back and say they've had them on for 6 weeks and they need redoing. JMHO!!

Thanks Sassy:)
Can i ask what you would say about the Forever French.As you say people are thick at times:rolleyes:
Do the prices seem ok, wasnt sure for the rebalance and infill prices.

Em x

I knew you'd ask me that lol!! I would say about your Forever French, and then put something like "giving you a lovely French manicured finish".

Prices are difficult to judge because they vary so much from region to region, but if they are half price then okay I guess. LCN do teach that your infills should be two thirds the price of the set, so with a £30 set your infills should be £20. But you have to go with the market price. My sets are £40, but I'd never get away with £30 for infills, people in my area will look for a cheaper deal no matter how good I am, but that's the area I live in!

Don't forget that being mobile is a special service, and your biggest overhead is your car and the time it takes to get to your appointment, set up, pack up and get to your next client. Don't think that you should be miles cheaper than a salon. I made this mistake when I first went mobile and it's so much more difficult to put your prices up once you are up and running. I calculated that by being mobile I lost out about 2 clients a day due to the travelling, that if I had been in a salon environment I would have been able to book those clients and got the revenue. So in the end I had to charge an extra £5 for a mobile visit, still didn't really cover it but it did help.

Emma

I'm at the same stage as you with nails and this thread has been a really good help for me, would you mind if I use some of the same wording on some flyers I might do?

Thanks xxx

:o :o Go ahead, all embarrassed now:o :o

Glad to have helped

em x

emmam said:
:o :o Go ahead, all embarrassed now:o :o

Glad to have helped

em x

Thanks Em xxx

Latest posts

Back