my broken nail

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DONZIE

Reaction score
Hi
sori to go on about this but I thought I'd try again as my thumb is very painful
I haven't just cracked the acrylic and my nail, both are hanging off but I don't know how much is still attached. It has stopped bleeding now but there is a lot of congealed blood.
Can anyone help please?!

Ooooh, I did this once, snapped half way down my nail and right through - blood everywhere, pain excrutiating.

I can recommend the treatment Geeg has pointed you to in the link. I opened it up slightly (it was almost hanging off - not difficult!) and sanitised it first, let it dry then applied adhesive, I think it was Gel Bond but it was a few years back now. Held it together until is set and it was immediately better, but it did throb for a couple of hours - this stopped eventually though. Only then was I able to touch it to cut the enhancement short, I applied a thin layer of acrylic and kept an eye on it.

Never put a plaster on anything like this - urgh!!! Greenie Heaven!

Hope it stops hurting soon, it will, be brave! :wink2:

Thanks so much for your reply. Yes the pain was bad but has settled a bit but still hurts if I knock it. I did what it said on the site that Geeg told me about, I sanitized it with scrubfresh and put some gel bond adhesive in the wound but as soon as I knocked it it broke again. I think its too badly broken so I've got a small bandage on it now cos it's just not safe to leave it uncovered!!

JackieMc said:
Ooooh, I did this once, snapped half way down my nail and right through - blood everywhere, pain excrutiating.

I can recommend the treatment Geeg has pointed you to in the link. I opened it up slightly (it was almost hanging off - not difficult!) and sanitised it first, let it dry then applied adhesive, I think it was Gel Bond but it was a few years back now. Held it together until is set and it was immediately better, but it did throb for a couple of hours - this stopped eventually though. Only then was I able to touch it to cut the enhancement short, I applied a thin layer of acrylic and kept an eye on it.

Never put a plaster on anything like this - urgh!!! Greenie Heaven!

Hope it stops hurting soon, it will, be brave! :wink2:

Latest posts

Back