My First Complaint!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMo

Reaction score
Well its been nearly 4 years since i did my Foundation training with Creative and in February of this year I was proud as punch when i successfully completed my Masters Qualification Day, yet today i've had my first complaint. This came from a lady i used to do years ago as a regular, she got pregnant and suffered severe depression so i didn't see her for around 18 months anyway about 4 weeks ago she contacted me to say she was on the up and would like her nails doing as a pick me up so i did them and a week later she called to say they had ALL pinged off, so on Wednesday this week I went back and put her another full set on (i charged her but did give her a 15% discount) anyway she left me a voice message today that was rather rude saying they'd ALL pinged off again and how unhappy she was at the money she'd wasted. I called her back within minutes she was very rude to me on the phone and wanted me to go and give her another set for FREE. I explained i wouldn't do them for free as, as far as i'm concerned non of my regulars nails just fall off so she can't have been treating them with the love and devotion that they need, she said i would say this, she also pointed out that she'd been into a salon and explained the situation to them and they said that the nails should last for ages, i then explained to her that by all means i would go round and soak the nails off so she can then go to this salon and let them do her nails in future.

I know we have these posts on here all the time but this is my first complaint in 4 years, i know i have room for improvement but like i've said this is my first complaint and it has really knocked me for six i'm now starting to doubt, but something has dawned on me she is still taking medication for her depression could this have helped towards the cause of them pinging off, has anyone ever experienced this?!?!?

I'm currently sat waiting for the husband to ring me to give me another ear full.

A not so happy.

HI

i have been there i have also had a customer like you, but she wasnt on anything.
i had done her nails and i have to say that there wasnt anything wrong with them,the following day after doing them she saw me at the school and infront of everyone she stuck her hands up in front of my face and said that they have all come off, i then said that i would speak to her on the phone or she should come and see me.
she phoned me and gave me hell on the phine once she had finished i then said that she could have another set on for free but that wasnt good enough i then said that i would like do a free nail to see if it happened again but she said no again the i said that she could have her money back but she then said she had to speak to her husband,then a month later she then got back to me asking for her money and i then said no.
Because of this she is now bad mouthing me and where i live this is not what i need.
The one thing that i have learnt is that you have to be strong and dont let people like them get to us.
JMo said:
Well its been nearly 4 years since i did my Foundation training with Creative and in February of this year I was proud as punch when i successfully completed my Masters Qualification Day, yet today i've had my first complaint. This came from a lady i used to do years ago as a regular, she got pregnant and suffered severe depression so i didn't see her for around 18 months anyway about 4 weeks ago she contacted me to say she was on the up and would like her nails doing as a pick me up so i did them and a week later she called to say they had ALL pinged off, so on Wednesday this week I went back and put her another full set on (i charged her but did give her a 15% discount) anyway she left me a voice message today that was rather rude saying they'd ALL pinged off again and how unhappy she was at the money she'd wasted. I called her back within minutes she was very rude to me on the phone and wanted me to go and give her another set for FREE. I explained i wouldn't do them for free as, as far as i'm concerned non of my regulars nails just fall off so she can't have been treating them with the love and devotion that they need, she said i would say this, she also pointed out that she'd been into a salon and explained the situation to them and they said that the nails should last for ages, i then explained to her that by all means i would go round and soak the nails off so she can then go to this salon and let them do her nails in future.

I know we have these posts on here all the time but this is my first complaint in 4 years, i know i have room for improvement but like i've said this is my first complaint and it has really knocked me for six i'm now starting to doubt, but something has dawned on me she is still taking medication for her depression could this have helped towards the cause of them pinging off, has anyone ever experienced this?!?!?

I'm currently sat waiting for the husband to ring me to give me another ear full.

A not so happy.

Hi
Don't give in to them. i have read loads of posts on here about people not happy and I do think that if they are genuine then you would know. This person sounds as if they have nothing better to do, i bet she sat and bit them.
C*

I would not stand for it...If she has already had a go at you there is no need for her husband to do the same...after all they are just nails, you have not just chopped her left leg off.

You do not need to keep taking phone calls of complaint from her....Complain, yes by all means, you have listened, you have offered to sort the situation so that she can go elsewhere, if she is unhappy still, I would remind her that you have offered to recify the situation and that when you did her nails in the past she never had problems so as far as you are concerned it is not your work and no other clients have ever complained.

Any complaint will knock your confidence, but just remember she is one out of many happy and regular clients.

Personally, I had post-natal depression as I know that because it is a hormone imbalance within your body anything is likely...it can affect you in many ways...bad skin, bad hair...it could be that her nail beds are very oily and that the nails won't adhere properly, I dont know what others think about this theory????

Or it could be she just wants something to moan and you are just caught in the cross-fire.

Don't let her get you down!!

some clients can be so rude and so bitchy.Most techs including myself lack some confidence and i think some clients pick up on it and try to use it to there advantage.I like the complaint they try"they all fell off"...come on! acrylic does not just fall off.I always explain to clients that tips are not unbreakable and have a safety mechanism where they break under pressure in order to protect the natural nail.Also if they have been cleaning out the toilet with bleach and the nails are lifting what do they expect.Clients don't always tell the truth...but the nice ones do!At the end of the day if you can do a set of nails on your self and have no problems you can do a set on anyone.I'm really rough and careless when i do my own nails but i never break one and i never have any lifting.My secret solar oil...and retention+.Any way if you wasn't any good you wouldn't of passed your masters.You passed and learnt with the best so i'm sure your one of the best loveX

Hi there first i'll have to say dont doubt your self for one complaint. it happens next lets look at you client history if she was a regular and nothing like this never happened before then her medical history is in play depression is treated with meds that interfear with the natural chemical balances of the body witch can cause changes in hair nails and skin this could be the reason so check in to that. Keep your head up and dont let one bad instance throw u.

When you went in to replace them the first time, did you take notice of the condition of her nails? Were they smooth just like there had never been an enhancement on them or were they rough and peeling? The answer to this question can pretty much tell you whether it was an honest "pinging" or a sneaky picking. I have a girlfriend who will blatantly pick at her extensions right in front of me then phone the next day to say she has some "casualties", as she calls them. I can tell immediately that since her nail plate is peeling it's due to her picking and prying. Even a good bang will usually cause a crack or chip and not the whole nail to just ping off.

Double check to see if she is taking any anti-depressants, it may be she is on the strong ones tri -something cant think of the name off the top of my head.

These can sometimes have an affect on your nails, they warn you to stay out of sunshine with them and although this is nothing to do with the nails it is these types of tablets.

I put two sets on a friend of mine while she was on them and they just lifted straight away from the natural nail in one whole piece.

If she is get her to get a doctors letter and an apology while she is at it.

HTH

I think I'd wipe my mouth and walk away from this one.

The poor lady obviously isn't over her depression and my heart goes out to her. However, whilst she's in that frame of mind, they'll be no pleasing her. I'd give her a full refund and never do her nails again.

Hi JMo, Dont take this complaint to heart and let it worry you or knock your confidence. I have a very dear friend who suffers with manic depression. On a few occasions she has had to be sectioned for her own safety. When she is discharged she has to have nurses come in to administer her medication. Once a person has had a relapse or breakdown it can take a while for them to get back on an even footing. Even when my friend has come out of hospital, she can be ok one day and then down the next to the point of being abusive and rude. I have known this to go on for weeks. Your client will probably not remember she had a go at you. I can totally understand where you are coming from as it can be scary and now have the option to say that you are too busy to do her nails. Lets remember that this is an illness and most (manic) depressives do not remember what went on whilst they are in recovery.

David

I was going to say the same thing, maybe she is on some medication, my friend was antidepressents and lost her extensions twice too

You can please some of the people some of the time but you cant please all of the people all of the time! Some people just like to make a fuss, if she cared for her nails in the correct maner they would be fine, anyway you have done your masters so you sound pretty good to me, chin up;)
JMo said:

A not so happy.

Hey there dont be down one in four years, I think that speaks for itself.

Send her to me she soon come running back to you :lol:

Fab Freak said:
Hey there dont be down one in four years, I think that speaks for itself.
:

My thoughts exactly! keep up the Fab work :D

Two things ...

1. What is the difference between when you did her nails a while ago and now? - a child. She will be nowhere near as careful with them as before - extra hand washing, extra manual work, young child to catch etc etc etc etc!

2. Do you really think that is she had done nothing wrong she'd have paid for the second set? LMAO no she wouldn't! No doubt hubbie is giving her grief cos she's spending "his" money on such frivolities that aren't working. Who's she gonna blame? Herself? Nah let's blame the nail tech, far easier.

Nuff said!!! If hubby phones you back, just say you'll set the Geeks on him!

Hi there

It's horrible isn't it, even when you know you have done your best it still hurts. I'm afraid you will always get one or two difficult customers. Like the others said if she is on medication it could well affect her nails. Maybe it's worth trying to find out more about what anti-depressants can do to your nails, perhaps search on the web. If you get a client again on medication you'll be able to explain they may not stay on and put a disclaimer on the consultation form and get her to sign it.

If it was your workmanship then you would have no regular clients, so don't let it get to you.

Deb379

Latest posts

Back