MY SALON START UP...REALLY GUTTED!!!(sorry its long!)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

louisenewell

Reaction score
:cry: :cry: Hi Geeks,
Just had to post to let you know my bad news.Had a call from lady at esate agents today(who was off sick last week)to tell me the premises i was going to go for was already under offer.I feel like my heart has been ripped out!:cry:
I wrote about this premises in my business plan and one of the conditions so i get my funding is that i provide a letter stating that this particular premises is to be allocated to me.Does this mean i now won't get my funding?(seriously worried about this)or is that she to prov i'm not going to use the cash on something silly...like shoes and nice clothes!!Lol!Seriously geeks pick me up here,i'm really really stressing now.
Thing is within 10 minutes of being told that i have found a even better premises(on a really really busy parade, 10 minutes from my front door and council owned) but very slightly more exspensive.What do i do?tell the funding company this?or as my sister said explain to the funding company that because that took so long on given me a decision i missed out?does this mean i'm going to get another grilling from them?:cry:

I'm sorry this is so long and stressed.I suffer from ibs and today i have been doubled over and spent a lot of the day feeling sick and on the loo.Ibs is stress related so i guess that is a good indication of how stressed i am.

I feel so down....maybe it was never meant to be...:cry:

ps viewing other premises friday!!

ohhhhhhh louise what a bummer!
dont stress, call them and explain what youve just told us, tell them about the new premises and their delay caused you the loss of the original premises, explain the benefits of the new place im sure they will give you the go ahead.
fingers crossed for you xxx:hug:

Hi Louise sorry to hear your news but hey your looking at somewhere else on Friday. Maybe your sisters right about telling the funding company about the other premises as they say honesty is the best policy and no doubt they will still give the funding to you as you (fingers crossed) have found somewhere else pretty quickly.

Don't stress about the premises babe - these people are business people and understand that this kind of thing happens in business everyday :hug:

Write to them telling them the situation, outline the great points about the new place, highlighting the bits about it that make it even better than the first place. Write it all as if it's a done deal, things like 'I will be in a better position to pick up walk in trade, I will be living nearer and therefore security will be better' - don't apologise for what has happened, it was out of your control, just head up and plow on....it will sort itself out.

They've given you the funding based on your ideas, your plan, your thought and hard work, not on what specific building you plan to do it all in. :hug:

Oh Louise, Im gutted for you hun.
And everyone is so right. Be honest about it and then you'll have nothing to hide.
Besides the very fact that you've reacted so quickly and found somewhere else just goes to show how committed you are.
Good luck sweetie

louisenewell said:
:cry: :cry: Hi Geeks,
Just had to post to let you know my bad news.Had a call from lady at esate agents today(who was off sick last week)to tell me the premises i was going to go for was already under offer.I feel like my heart has been ripped out!:cry:
I wrote about this premises in my business plan and one of the conditions so i get my funding is that i provide a letter stating that this particular premises is to be allocated to me.Does this mean i now won't get my funding?(seriously worried about this)or is that she to prov i'm not going to use the cash on something silly...like shoes and nice clothes!!Lol!Seriously geeks pick me up here,i'm really really stressing now.
Thing is within 10 minutes of being told that i have found a even better premises(on a really really busy parade, 10 minutes from my front door and council owned) but very slightly more exspensive.What do i do?tell the funding company this?or as my sister said explain to the funding company that because that took so long on given me a decision i missed out?does this mean i'm going to get another grilling from them?:cry:

I'm sorry this is so long and stressed.I suffer from ibs and today i have been doubled over and spent a lot of the day feeling sick and on the loo.Ibs is stress related so i guess that is a good indication of how stressed i am.

I feel so down....maybe it was never meant to be...:cry:

ps viewing other premises friday!!
Hi louise sorry to hear you news i am a believer that it must be something better for you on the horizon! (if ment 4 u it wont pass you) anyway dont know how far the 1st plae was from your home but could it be worth paying the extra for premises to save on travel? hope it all works out 4 you take care

louisenewell said:
Thanks trin!

You're welcome babe - you can do this, I know you can and so do you deep down, you just need to hear it inside yourself!

There is absolutely no point in making yourself ill over it, so they've thrown you a curve ball, all the worrying in the world won't change that, so don't even waste energy on worrying, use the energy to sort it out and move on. You've come this far already, YOU did it, no-one else, and YOU can sort this out too.

Get a warm bath, a hot water bottle and a good nights sleep, tomorrow you conquer the world :lol:

Got my fingers crossed for you it all works out hun. good luck x x x

all i would say pet is that "this place wasnt meant for you" -you will get your own place - in time - but this one wasnt supposed to be yours - DONT GIVE UP THO PET - youre time and place WILL COME - i rang about a posting in a creative salon 2 days ago - and gave my number for them to get back intouch with me - but have they - NO - so im thinking - i shouldnt be there - when its right for you - IT WILL HAPPPEN - DONT GIVE UP

Louise its going to work out for you, this new place might turn out to be the one.
I was going to write my own advice for you but I totally agree withthe advice Trin's given already!
Good luck Babes
KxXx

ahh thanks geks,as usual you never let me down with all your words of support.Still not feeling to great today but i am going to phone the funding company in just a minute.I think if there going to be akward i'm just going to tell them that if they hadn't made me wait 2 weeks for a answer i probably wouldn't lost the premises.I know what this lady is like so i know shes going to urm and er over it.anyway here goes.....

yeah just as i thought.I just spoke to the lady at the funding company and she said it chages everything and i need to put it in writing so she can discuss it with her collegue.I did explain that its because they took so long that i lost the premises and how would it take to look into as i didn't want the same thing to happen again.so looks like i'm back to square one then...sorry geeks more nervous waiting again!:cry:

Oh Louise hun, gutted for you. Just as a little glimmer of hope for you, I went to hell and back when I was trying to open my own place. Six months of pure stress and i the end I just thought that it was not menat to be for me. So I jacked in the whole idea and ended up with a home based salon. I now am so relieved I never went ahead with the salon thing. I much prefer working for numero uno with no staff worries. IMO if it's meant to be it will happen, and if not then something even better is planned for you. Be strong and keep the faith!! Hugs hugs hugs(sorry pc playing up and won't let me bring up the emoticons!)

louisenewell said:
yeah just as i thought.I just spoke to the lady at the funding company and she said it chages everything and i need to put it in writing so she can discuss it with her collegue.I did explain that its because they took so long that i lost the premises and how would it take to look into as i didn't want the same thing to happen again.so looks like i'm back to square one then...sorry geeks more nervous waiting again!:cry:

You knew they would have to re-evaluate it, so there is no problem - the premises is just a small part of what made your plan sucessful enough to warrant funding, the bulk of your plan still stands and holds water.

Write the letter to them now, leave all this alone until later this afternoon, you're first version will be quite emotional as you're feeling quite frustrated, when you read it through the second time you can re-write it more calmly, then get it in last post this afternoon :D

Just been for a sleep as the ibs is still playing up and my little girls dad has taken her out so thought i'd make the most of it.I'm going to do the letter now though and as trin said i'm calmer now.
I do agree with sass,if its meant to be it will be...so i'm keeping that thought it my head...with fingers crossed.evrything happen for a reason,bet it will take another bloody 2 weeks though.

Sorry to hear that hun, it's horrible when you have your heart set on something. Good luck and fingers crossed etc xx

My god, I've been reading these threads about your salon together with lots of other geeks who also don't know you i'm sure.
I feel so sorry for you to have to go through l this again, it's like a :cry:roller coaster that won't stop!
However, your so strong now that you've been through all of those things that i feel sure you'll be ok - my husbands mother is a spiritualist!:!:
Some paths we are meant to take others are more difficult and try & knock us off, if you want it hard enough you'll get it Louise. The fact that you found another property albeit slightly more money and all, it means the first onewas not meant to be.
I want to wish you all the luck in the world. I hope to ook toward opening a salon in a couple of years time, have more strings I wish to add to my bow first. It'll be a bl**dy nightmare too!
Good luck hunX

Thanks for your comments Bev.I'm feeling better about it all now because when i re done my cash flow it wasn't that more exspensive so fingers crossed.Funny you should mention destiny...i had my tarot cards read in may and so far everything he has said has come true...but i'm not to keen on the baby boy thing!one is enough.He reckoned my career was all set out and decided for me,even said i'd be really successful so i'll keep the faith.He was a good tarot card reader,he used to do lbc radio for 30 years!!

My mother in law always said to me we are already destined to take a certain path in life.
I always thought she spoke a lot of bull, but the longer i've been married to her son (15 and half years) obviously the more contact i've had wth her! She truly believes that things are already set out for us. Please don't think i'm some nutter! I'm a believer and going to see Derek Acorah again in Skegness in Nov! I think that actually puts me in the nutter category but who cares!
It obviously feels right for you, the new property and you must go for it with all your strength.
When you get moments of uncertainty, think hard about what that message is trying to say, if you know what i mean, and try to go with it.
I'm sorry if I sound like a complete anorak, i'm a serious person really!
Take care. X

Latest posts

Back