Nail art and mani for a five yr old

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ladybgemini

Reaction score
I have just taken a call from a lady who wants (well her daughter really) a manicure and nail art for her 5 yr old.

What can I do? I have water decals, and nail stickers but unsure if I can use clear polish on a 5 year old?

She is calling me back a little later as I have some kiddies nail art kits but they have peelable paint in so I wouldn't want to put it on and charge for it as it doesn't last long but I retail them. She may buy one of these.

Can I glue gems on? or is water decals and stickers my only option?

Rachel

its a tricky one that. how much art can you do on a 5yr old?? their nails would be tiny!! i dunno about glueing gems on, id be scared they swallowed em esp if they sucked their thumb etc. its maybe best to ask the mother what she would be happy with?i really don't know, 5yrs old is very young.

I've done nails on young children before, some as young as 3! Their nails are v small so you cant fit a great deal on, but most are happy with a coloured polish and then I handpaint little flowers, hearts or flicks on them. Then just topcoat.

But if you can't handpaint, then I'm sure decals will be fine!!

The mum sems up for anything but I basically said that i was not prepared to use any of the "grown up" products on her nails and recommended that she bought the nail art kit.

I think her daughter wants the works lol, 5 going on 20 I think.

I suggest water decals/stickers and the kiddies nail art kit and see what she says.

I paint my 6yr olds nails all the time she loves it..it also helps her to stop biting them , beceause her nails are so tiny i tend to paint a coloiur on the put a glitter on the top...ive even tried to paint dlowers but because the nail is tiny they dont always look like flowers lol.....the glitter ontop goes down a treat though..

A colour with a glitter top coat looks fab as do little flatstones, normal rhinestones I find to bulky. If you have a dotting tool or a double ended Nail Art pen you can do little designs like flowers and paw prints - not as fiddly as hand painting on a fidgety 5 year old! If you have a look in the gallery there were piccies of Nail Art boards done especially for Children so you might get some ideas there.
HTH
KxXx

I was slightlt concerned using normal nail polish as in one of the nail art books I have for kiddies it says not to use it until they are 12.

Is this not correct then?

I have never heard that before, I suppose its incase they bite it off. I paint my daughters toes and occassionally fingers and she is 2, she loves it and begs me for sparklies.
I have read on here of a lot of geeks who do pamper parties and Nail Art at fetes etc also use polish on under 12's. I would be interested to find out if there is a reason why.

My daughter is just 6, so are all of her friends. I am more than happy to paint their nails. I use Sticky base coat, then paint a design with an acrylic nail paint and then Super Shiney top coat. I also glue on sparkels, tiny ones (over that top of the varnish so that the adhesive isn't directly on the nail plate) I find that most nail art designs can be adapted to fit little fingers. All little girls love it!!

Latest posts

Back