Nail art machines

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FRANKY

Reaction score
Hi all,

I was wondering whether to buy a nail art machine. As I don't seem to be able to get the hang of doing the nail art by hand, I think this might be a good idea. I have seen this website http://www.diginailart.com and it looks interesting.

Has anyone seen these machines working and what do you think?

Any views would be helpfull.

Thanks

FRANKY said:
Hi all,

I was wondering whether to buy a nail art machine. As I don't seem to be able to get the hang of doing the nail art by hand, I think this might be a good idea. I have seen this website http://www.diginailart.com and it looks interesting.

Thanks
those things cost a bomb. you would have to have huge demand for nail art to get your money back on a purchase like that. maybe you would be better off paying for a nail art class or buy some 3d stickers and striper pens.

I'd hate to guess how much the ink refills would be - it's bad enuff for a normal home printer lol!!

I would think long and hard b4 spending money like that...I brought a airbrush, paints , stencils the whole lot thinking airbrushing would be a great little add on service...I was sooo wrong....no-one wants it...maybe i am not pushing it enough but the demand for it where i live just isn't there...its french french french..with maybe a few nailtopia stickers, gems or glitter tips...that it. Now i am going sell my airbrush stuff cos its just sat gathering dust. HTH xxx

NailStyle said:
I would think long and hard b4 spending money like that...I brought a airbrush, paints , stencils the whole lot thinking airbrushing would be a great little add on service...I was sooo wrong....no-one wants it...maybe i am not pushing it enough but the demand for it where i live just isn't there...its french french french..with maybe a few nailtopia stickers, gems or glitter tips...that it. Now i am going sell my airbrush stuff cos its just sat gathering dust. HTH xxx

Snap, I did the airbrush training & bought all the kit, I've used it once. Nobody seems to want nail art. I use nailtopia stickers, but normally just little white flowers that don't stand out, and gems. Other than that my clients say 'oh that's nice, but not for me' if I show them anything new. I like the idea of these machines but I don't think the demand would be high enough unless you have a huge salon in a busy area. I doubt you would make your money back for a long time.

angel fingers said:
those things cost a bomb. you would have to have huge demand for nail art to get your money back on a purchase like that. maybe you would be better off paying for a nail art class or buy some 3d stickers and striper pens.

Thanks for the advice you guys, but I think its a good idea, I may be mad but in a salon that I know we get asked a lot for nail art. It may get more popular with the machine cos it does it quicker and cleaner and you don't have to charge as much. The cartridges are not expensive either.

You sound like you have made your mind up.... but check out Ebay and you see them on there all the time..

5K to buy a new one... less than half if you want to sell it on... a big lay out. You would have to do a LOT of clients to make your money back and a lot more to make any profit on one. But if money is no object, go for it I am sure they will be 'fun' to use :)

JMO

it's a bad thing when they don't come out with the price... i'm guessing, from the numbers that they did give, that it would be over 7,000(Uk$) ??

call me a cheap skate but... geez... too rich for my blood!

FRANKY said:
Hi all,

Thanks
They dont cost a bomb can be bought for around €1500 my company will be suppling them son

If the machine can be afforded then hell Id give it a try!

But as many people have mentioned before, its really only worth it if there is a big enough client base willing to try it in order to make a profit.

Love and hugs

Ok I'm in, I think its great and one thing you are all forgeting is the magic factor.
I used to sell printed T shirts while U wait at fairs and I could be stood next to a T shirt stand with the same prints but already done, that I had and I would out sell them because people love to see it all set up and then peel the paper of and hey presto a custom made shirt. Thats what will sell not just the designs you offer but also the give me a photo of your child/ cat etc. Oh stoped with the Tshirts because I had a car crash and my back injurys stop me lifting the Tshirt press shame realy it was good fun but nails are better!
Susie x

my friend had one nail done with those machines at the g-mex in manchester....hmmm the result was nice yes (not much different from a transfer or a nail decal) but you still have to paint the base coat on and wait for it to dry then paint a colour on and wait for it to dry (cannot be wet at all) then another coat on top then put it in to the machine print the pattern on then u still have to put the top coat on .....seems like a lot of money for something that doesnt really cut out much work or time...
if you have the money to spend then yes buy it for the novelty value but if you dont have lots of customers its not worth it....! HTH
:wink2: :Look_left

Latest posts

Back