Nail Art with Bio Sculpture

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Just a question to the bio geeks out there

i did a set of NNO on myself today and decided to do a bit of nail art on them. so i got the rhinestones out and the striping varnishes i have (nubar) and decided to have a go. the educator i had advised to do the art on the 2nd application of gel before curing so that when the last clear layer went on the art would be sealed.

this i did but when i went to remove the sticky layer some of the flicks came off!!!!!!

any ideas or should i not be using normal varnish on top of the gel and maybe use the gel with a striping brush.

look forward to your comments.

i also love the way that noodle did some of her 2 colour diagnal nails (spelling is horendous tonight) is that easy to do. would you cure the first colour first or do both together

thanks gugs you are the best !!!!!!!!!!!!

This is how I do it if I'm using a colour gel.
  • Base layer of clear gel
  • 2 layers of colour gel
  • Nail art - rhinestones, flowers using another colour gel, or stripes or whatever, CURE
  • Then EITHER sealer, clear OR S-gel.
  • Wipe
  • Then shiny top coat

All the nail art stays on for me this way!

are you doing the stripes with the gel

i think thats maybe where i am going wrong

in this months addition of scratch the bio educators seem to be using acrylic paints thats what it looks like in one of the pics. im seeing nicola in a few weeks so i will have to ask her.

im just loving the gel and cant belive how versatile it is !!!!! and my clients love it so i know the money was well spent and the colours too. i was a creative girl through and through but the lack of colours with brisa forced my hand to look elsewhere and bio came out on top. i know that creative are looking into colours but they have to get it through the FDA or something like that so it could be a while.

for some strange reason clients think and i do educate my clients that all systems are the same, that gel is better for the nails. however it doesnt matter how many times you tell them. the client is always right (in their eyes)

hanydanialis said:
are you doing the stripes with the gel

i think thats maybe where i am going wrong

in this months addition of scratch the bio educators seem to be using acrylic paints thats what it looks like in one of the pics. im seeing nicola in a few weeks so i will have to ask her.

im just loving the gel and cant belive how versatile it is !!!!! and my clients love it so i know the money was well spent and the colours too. i was a creative girl through and through but the lack of colours with brisa forced my hand to look elsewhere and bio came out on top. i know that creative are looking into colours but they have to get it through the FDA or something like that so it could be a while.

for some strange reason clients think and i do educate my clients that all systems are the same, that gel is better for the nails. however it doesnt matter how many times you tell them. the client is always right (in their eyes)

I do the flicks with acrylic paint. I tried doint it with gel, but only 2016 seems to have a consistency that you can do art with. Some of bio gels are very very shimmery so you cant really do much art with them.

Shame I dont subscribe to scratch to see whats going on.

I have clients who batter biosculpture to the max :sad: I dont know why and some are really good with it. Its soft and flexible and the heavy handers just cant get used to it, still a mystery to me.

ADiva1 said:
Shame I dont subscribe to scratch to see whats going on.

Andrea, there are some fab Bio designs in the November issue ... perhaps you can nab a copy and take a peak.

Tracey, I've been experimenting with these gels recently ... rhinestones, half and half etc., and am attaching some pix from my gallery for you ... hope you like them.

http://www.thenailgeek.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=3021

Latest posts

Back