Nail Bed Extending

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tilly Ann

Sweetie Geekie
Reaction score
Hi gang!

Does anyone have any recipies for blending powders for Nail Bed Extending please?
I know all the shades will need to be different for each client but does anyone had a basic one please?

Thanks for your help!!!

Hi, good one is 3 parts flawless pink 2 parts perfect white and a smidgin(scottish for a tiny drop) of melting pot. this is a good base for warm skin tones and you can add either terra cotta or spanish tile once you see your clients nail bed & decide if you want to pink it up or just warm it up........ Be warned though the spanish tile needs to be added sparingly as it can speckle and no-one wants red speckles on their nails!!

I know what Smidgen is I'm origionally from Glasgow!!!!
I know exactly what you mean about the Spanish Tile, I tried it on myself on Sunday and I had red bit everywhere! Not the look I was after!! I ended up taking them off and putting clear on them!!! LOL!

Thanks a million for your reply!!

Im glad this post came up, I tried to rebalance my nails last night, usually use perfect pink but tried to 'pink them up' a little and tried mixing flawless with it in equal parts..... looked awful.... didnt think about adding white!

I saw someone out shopping who had lovely rose pink colour nails on, dont know if it was gel or L&P and didnt want to ask as mine looked horrible at the time. They were lovely and shiney .. any ideas anyone?

Hi Aspirations.......If I want a brighter but still translucent pink I use the intense pink, rather than mixing. Maybe this is what you saw?
But to extend the nailbed you really need to keep the mix opaque, hence using the perfect white with the flawless, because it is opaque the colour can look a bit flat, so adding the holographic melting pot gives it some depth. You could also add twilight but it is a bit too glittery for my taste(age!!)for the same albeit cooler looking effect.

Latest posts

Back