Nail biter and ski-jump nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jod

Reaction score
I hate my nails. I used to bite them and now i've stopped and managed to grow them. The white starts growing from very low and i've accepted that it takes a very long time for my nailbed to regrow and push my whites higher. The real problem is that I have ski jump nails and my nail plate is flat. There is no arch at all and it's very ugly. The white part of my nails are slanting up as it grows and it's very irritating. If my nailbed regrows over time, will my ski-jump nails go away and grow normally? Is there a way to change the shape of my nails?

Please help!

I'm sorry, but no, as far as I'm concerned you cannot change how your nails grow, neither can any product or nailtech.

On the bright side, the pink nailbed can bee attached further up the nail in time, and if you go to a good nailtech, she will be able to put enhancements on your nails and make them look less flat.

Just be aware that both nailbiting and skijump nails is more of a struggle and because of the skijump effect on the product the nailtech would probable need to cut down your free edge every 2 or 3 appointments to replace and make them curve down. This would probably mean it costs a little more, but at least you would have beautiful nails.

I hope you understand my explanation...

Latest posts

Back