nail biter prob!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazysaz

Reaction score
hi all, well my we salon is going pretty well, until tonite!!! last wk did the worse nail biter ever who works in the gym where my nail bar is at. i extended her (nonexistant) nail bed in pink with a nat tip. my friend rang me yesterday to say that a girl she worx with, also a nail biter client from last wk had 2 off so i was prepared for going tonite to see the orig girl. i was so nervous as she is one of those people with a scarey persona!! well, i was rite!! she only had 2 of, but where her real nails were growin she had wee dirty lines. the 2 that were of had just 'popped of' (the way they do) and the gloss topcoat id on wasnt there any more on some(fair enuf) i expalined her own wee nails were growing and thats what the lines were and i even offered to repair the 2 broken 1s for free and told her if she stuck woth it shed have nice nails in a couple of weeks. she then admitted with xmas and that she didnt know if she could afford it (the truth at last!!)
im so fed up, i want the chance to put this rite, its annoying me that she thinks im crap! theres another girl who works with her. i put a set of glitter white french on her and the 2 of em must ve been bitching all week cos she said that the white had gone all dull, she smokes for 1 thing. surely thats the whole point of a maintenance, if they lokked brill after a fortnite then thered be nothing to do! feelin well fed up now, not had any complaints. i see this as a challenge so i mite just tidy them up and fix them tomo for free. i dont want her mouthing of about me to ruin me b4 ive even started!!
opinions please!!!
sarah

Why not offer them discounts for customers they bring in like a loyaly scheme dont go giving it to them for nothing, i did that in the begining and they expected it forever more.
HTH

Hi Saz, unfortuanatley you do come across clients like these and the important thing is, if you have done a good job, do not give her a freebie as she'l expect it and its almost like some sort of admission that "ok maybe they werent great, so i'll fix em for free". You know your work is good, so stand your ground, explain to the client that as shes a nail biter, she may be prone to losing the odd nail as shes not used to having nails, her nail plates are very small, she got to get used to wearing and using them, she may be more heavy handed, or her job/lifestyle? etc etc....

i no, that other girl was a nail biter but nowhere near as bad and bless her shes so happy!! the way i was gonna work it was a weekly maintenance to begin with, but only charging for every other one, but also charging for broken nails. she was also in tonite and had 3 of by this stage but admitted to me she'd broke em and then chewed them!! at least she was honest! im just pissed of. its not an ideal start and i feel so deflated but at the same time i am so determined to prove her wrong and show her she can have nice nails!!! plus itd be good experience for me if i can do something them. id asked sassy hassy for advice b4 going in today and her opinion is is some1 gets sometihng for free thery're less inclined to look after it. i dunno, i mite fix em tomo. i hate the thought of her thinking im crap and telling people. after all, word of mouth can count for a lot. a nail biters hard cos they do look awful once the real nail starts to grow. any suggestions on what to do to cover this or should i just polish them?
god love my other wee customer, she was so proud of her wee line as it meant her nails are starting to grow!!

Polish them and put some nail art on them then bitter alows on the top and tell her im bringing the mustard next time lol
x

thanx mrs, its esp hard ocs i work with her but how many times have we saw threads that run like this, people starting in hairdressers etc and this whole tihng starts! i'l paint and polish them tomo plus fix those two and let you know how it goes.
btw, also texted another girl who id did a few weeks ago for a training day, she replied back ok, 3 were of but she admits shes hard on em and thats nearly 3 wks ago! these are all my difficult customers, all my other normal ones are fine!!! is this normal? there are 2 groups; those who try and keep em on and those who are just heavy handed?

Think its perfectly normal they need to get used to them all my girls are nail biters which was excellent practice for me when i started but they just dont look after them, so now i won't do them, ive given them treeatments to use at home they just sit in the draw, if they cant be bothered to help themselves why should we keep fixing the damage they cause leave them with bitten yukkies and wear beautiful enhancements so they cant bad mouth you lol
or try an overlay on thir nails whcih they cant pick at so much and polish over

thanx mrs, you ve helped my confidence!! its the lying bit i cant stand, if she turned round and admitted to banging them or whatever then fair enuf. il fix em tomo but make it clear its a one of just to prove im not a numpty but thats it and if not il soak em of next wk.
thanx gals!

x

Latest posts

Back