Nail bitter 'n' tip help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

christi

Softie Walter Geek
Reaction score
Hiya all, Happy Easter

Could anyone help me with a problem I have?

My daughter has badly bitten nails, with sore and bulbous fingers, (Onychoposis)

I have tried Ruth’s method of cutting and saddling the tips to fit which works great, however the problem I have is that, when I have finished I never think they look nice, i don’t know if it’s me, my application, the tips I am using (natural ultraform tip’n’blend type) or what? But because she has virtually no nail beds they don’t look natural at all, how can give the impression of length on the nail plate? dont know if I am explaining myself properly

I will try and att a before/after pici

Would appreciate honest criticism and help Pleeeeeeeease

Many thanks

Attachments

• Picture 025 (2).jpg
    Picture 025 (2).jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 2,132
  • gemma2.jpg
    gemma2.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 1,462
  • gemma3.jpg
    gemma3.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 1,117
I think that you have done a mega job they look really good. I have the same problem with my step daugher, who may aswell eat her entire finger, they are so badly bitten, I was just proud that i had managed to get them on the tiny bit of nail that she had left.

but i think you have done a really good job, they look great

:)

Thanks Karrie

How long does it take you to apply a set ( these bout 2 1/2-3 hours)
only because she is forever fidgeting, um 'n' r in, i have to work round her so gently, dont know why she keeps bitting them as she can grow them, n she is forever saying how sore her fingers are?

hi christie,

as i'm new to nailgeek, i am interested in how you managed to apply to such short nails in the first place???

christi said:
Hiya all, Happy Easter

Could anyone help me with a problem I have?

My daughter has badly bitten nails, with sore and bulbous fingers, (Onychoposis)

I have tried Ruth’s method of cutting and saddling the tips to fit which works great, however the problem I have is that, when I have finished I never think they look nice, i don’t know if it’s me, my application, the tips I am using (natural ultraform tip’n’blend type) or what? But because she has virtually no nail beds they don’t look natural at all, how can give the impression of length on the nail plate? dont know if I am explaining myself properly

I will try and att a before/after pici

Would appreciate honest criticism and help Pleeeeeeeease

Many thanks

Hi jools!

just replyed to your post about tips:lol:

Have you tryed cutting out some of the weel and saddling the tips?( have a look on this site at Ruths tutorial about tayloring tips for bitten nails, its great idea, just takes a bit of time to prepare the tips, but once your used to it works great , dont get sky slopes anymore!

Hope this helps

Hi fab job and nail biters are very hard to do......
she has real canibal nails.....well done !!!
Here is what I would have done.......
Reduce the length so it is flush with the finger tip......so she can get used to the length and the feel of having nails, she wont catch them on anything either then.....
Round the edges of a bit more ..... use an opaque colour for the french and applied the smile line in a deeper curve to enhance the look of the nail.... to make the bed look longer............
But fab work none the less xxxx

Hi Ruth ,Thanks for that!

I was thinking about something like that( by That do you mean paint it with nail varnish?)
I used L&P so do you think if i try it maybe with white acrylic, would that work?

Thanks again

christi said:
Hi Ruth ,Thanks for that!

I was thinking about something like that( by That do you mean paint it with nail varnish?)
I used L&P so do you think if i try it maybe with white acrylic, would that work?

Thanks again

If you use L&P then do something like this..............
Tip and stuff lol.......very technical term for :do all the things until you are ready for the product application.....
then apply white smile line to where it is visualy correctly placed, then use something like flawless pink to cover zones 2 and 3, this will hide the bitten nail and will create the illusion of a longer nailplate.....

HTH

Will Do!

Thanks again Ruth, appreciate your advice!

What would you say is the strongest/ or should i say to best system, to enhance a nail bitter.?

Questions, questions, questions,:lol: sorrrrrry!

All systems can be used on a nailbiter...I have no preference either way...........
as long as you build the nail and follow the structual rules, then hey anything goes........... lol well almost anything.......

I tried this on my step daughter funnily enough - she's a nail biter too !!

I read it on a tip somewhere and gave it a go.
If you can understand it goes as follows :
Prep nail as usual
using your pink acrylic apply to free edge( or whats left of it) to create a new free edge (if you see what I mean )
I did all 10 nails then fitted with forms under the newly creatd free edge.
Sculpted white tips & applied colour choice of acrylic over the top as usual.
I found it worked really well and looked much more natural as I applied the smile line in the correct place rather than half way down the nail.
Only problem I had is that the pink I had was too pale and I would have use a more opaque pink next time.
Quite pleased with the results and will definately use this method again on a nibbler .
Nice set though , well done you !
very bestest wishes

christi,

where do i find ruths tutorial pls?? tx

christi said:
Hi jools!

just replyed to your post about tips:lol:

Have you tryed cutting out some of the weel and saddling the tips?( have a look on this site at Ruths tutorial about tayloring tips for bitten nails, its great idea, just takes a bit of time to prepare the tips, but once your used to it works great , dont get sky slopes anymore!

Hope this helps

Hi jools!

Click on premium geek on tool bar, then tutorial,
scroll down to tipping a bitten nail!

best o luck
:Love: xxx

Latest posts

Back