Nail Colour over L & P

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NatalieJ

Reaction score
Hello there,

I may be asking a really silly question here but as im only learning, please forgive me!:o

If the client wants the nails coloured but dosn't have naturally long nails, can you apply the L & P and then apply nail colour over the top? Or do you just use the different coloured powders? If you do apply the colour over the top would you use a clear powder?

I know this might sound obvious but I am doing a creative course and being shown pink and whites but wondered about coloured ones..

Thanks xxx

hi, i f you do L&P enhancements on somebody's nails you can use polish over the top. if they want to wear very pale coulours and not have a french visible underneath it might be best to go for clear L&P but you can do french (pink and white) L&P and wear colours over the top but you may still see the white showing through with paler colours. if my clients want to wear polish i seal my L&P with gel so then when they take their polish off the enhancements are as new underneath. i always still use a base coat just on the off chance that the enhancements stain.

i hope i've helped you not confused you even more.

Colours are fine to go on top of L&P, they last really well too. IMO much better that on a natural nail. Make sure to tell them that if they want to take the polish off they need to use an acetone free varnish remover. Or it will come off with scrubfresh and will not damage the L&P underneath

i tend to use th antural powder rather than clear in case there are any slight imperfections in the nail plate as the natural is a little cloudy it doesnt show them so much. i only do these type of enhancements at the moment and always polish my clients nails or decorate them in some shape or form with nail art.

HTH

scattyfox,
do you put natural over the whole nail when your not using P&W's?

Ive just done my creative course and we were only taught using P&W's so ive not done a natural look. not sure weather to get a clear powder or natural, and would i still use perfect pink for zones 2 & 3 or all the same?

thanks

Thanks for your replys, I guess it depends on what the client wants as to what colour Powder to use underneath then.

Thanks again!

This is what I would do guys!.....
Client wants colour....

1.Tip and overlay, do all 3 zones in pink or clear.
2.Do your finishing as normal, through to 3-way buff - SCRUBFRESH.
3.Apply Base Coat (Stickey)
4.Apply 2 coats of enamel
5.Apply Top Coat (Super Shiney)
6.Apply Solar Speed Spray

Advise client that the biggest benefit of colour over l&p (as opposed to natural nails) is that she need not do ANYTHING at all for the next two or three weeks, there will be NO chipping or wearing, what a plus!!!! She need not remove the colour and re-apply, that's your job!!!!

(If she is unsure then sell her a bottle of enamel and Top Coat and tell her to apply OVER your cover, not to remove and start again.)
If she is used to painting her nails she will only find this new system an absolute blessing not to have to do this for herself and will soon get out of the habit and be so beholden to YOU her tech who does it ALL for her!!!!!!! :) :) :)

Latest posts

Back