Nail desk rental

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carlytaylor1986

Reaction score
I am so excited, just as I thought I wanted to go back mobile and was worried about carting around bits and pieces and was worried about it failing again, I get offered (by my sisters friend) to rent her nail desk in her hairdressers. It's newly opened and is a stunning hairdressers. I have just submitted my order for price list printing etc and gift certificates and am so excited.

I just wanted some tips really to those who have rented a nail desk in a hair salon before, any do's and don'ts?! I have worked in a beauty salon before but never rented a desk!

Thanks boys and girls :) xxx

Hi
You must be so excited.
On your first day, I'd keep a low profile and get a feel for the salon and how it operates.
Set guidelines regarding how your appointments/clients/money are handled
Make it clear that when you are not at your desk, your stock is not to be touched or used. (Can it be locked away?)
Observe the other girls and how they interact.
Keep your area clean, tidy and clear of clutter.
Will you be a key holder in case you are working later than the hairdressers?
Lots to think about.........Good Luck. X

Thank you so much for your reply. The date I start is getting sooner now. I am nervous/excited/wondering if I am doing the right thing pretty much every second of every day! Only time will tell but I WILL NOT GIVE UP - I need to keep telling myself that hehe! xx

Latest posts

Back