Nail drills...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Broder13

Reaction score
Hey - new guy here. What's do you think the best drill out there is? I've been considering the NailPro 2000 drill. Any suggestions?

If your looking at using drills then I'd look into a supplier who provides training with it. What system are you using if you need a drill? I know that NSI will only sell their drills with a free training session

I am currently using Retention + by Creative. I want to try other products though.

You shouldnt really need to use a drill with any of the creative products. If you working with your brush then there should be hardly any filing involved just finishing.
But at the same timea file can be as damaging in the wrong hands as a drill. Dont mean that to sound offensive I just cant explain it very well. If you do a search on drills the may be some more info to help you.

Not even for backfills/fills?

:) Check out this link:
http://www.thenailgeek.com/finishing-maintenance-tutorials/14905-forever-french-rebalance.html

I used to use a drill when rebalancing a french only to remove the old white and create a trench (?) to butt the new white up to. Since trying this tutorial its much less fluffing around and I can keep the enhancements nice and thin. I never used a drill near the eponychium (I love that word now I can pronounce it:) ), very scarey thought especially if you have a fidgetty client who moves around a lot.

There are techs here that use drills, but they have had the training required to use it correctly.
HTH

In my opinion all drills suck! :)
You certainly don't need to use one with Creative products.
Now if you change your prodcut line to one that is like concrete, then you may have a valid reason for using a drill. :rolleyes:
Don't waste your money ... change your technique instead ... you won't need one.

louge said:
If your looking at using drills then I'd look into a supplier who provides training with it. What system are you using if you need a drill? I know that NSI will only sell their drills with a free training session

Not sure how accurate this is as I got mine from NSI and no training was offered. They do do training for it tho and i think it is quite resonably priced.

If they do offer training free with it now then thats Fab! :biggrin:
xx

I had e-file training with NSI .. very reasonably priced for a half day's training.

I had bought a Mani-pro drill beforehand and took that along to train with.

Since the course... I have used it once on myself to cut out my smile lines.. (wasn't happy with my efforts) and once to clear under the free edge when I had a bit of product go under.

All in all ... I paid lots of dosh for the drill .. extra for the training... and now I am finding that I am not confident in using it so I persevere with the abrasive files and get the results I need anyway.

I am a bit of a product junkie tho... and if I had waited a few more months then I would probably given the e-file a miss and put the money towards something else. I just don't have the confidence to use it :(

No offence to anyone who uses drills, but in my opinion i just dont like the look of them and would never try one. I use Creative products and their products are so easy to file down. But as always said if you sculpt with your brush then there is no need for excessive filing.xx

Wow. Thank you for all of the replies - looks like this will be a good "community" to hang around. So, what do people use their drills for anyway? Almost all of the nail techs I know use a drill for something... I'm just not sure what. *Laughs*. Thanks again everybody!

I've only been doing this for 8 months but i've seen so much damage done with drills that i'd never use one.

I Brought My Drill From NSI i Got The KP3000 It Came With Free Drill Bits And Free Training :biggrin:

id like to see if one would help cut down my infill time to under an hr

i don't think it will. i went on a one2one with Gigi the other day and she showed me how to hold a file to get the product off quick on a rebalance. she did it in no time and then i did it quicker too. get Gigi's nailclass book, it tells you in there how to hold it.

thanx chick, i'l try that. x

Latest posts

Back