Nail Enhancements and CLARINS products

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xtremities

Reaction score
Hi all.

Just wanted to let you all know that I have 3 clients that were having bad lifting on their Retention Permanent French Enhancements.

Guess what they all had in common. They all used Clarins hand cream.

BEWARE.

There is always a reason and solution for lifting.

SAM

Mmm..wonder whats in the Clarins to cause this?

Worth knowing thanks for sharing Sam,x

I don't get things like such and such product makes enhancements lift, like shampoos and hand creams, sure if the enhancement is sealed why would a product make it lift, especially considering that we are advising our clients to apply oil twice daily...can anyone shed any light?

Cathie! said:
I don't get things like such and such product makes enhancements lift, like shampoos and hand creams, sure if the enhancement is sealed why would a product make it lift, especially considering that we are advising our clients to apply oil twice daily...can anyone shed any light?

Right on Cathy - the product shouldn't lift - period! I very much doubt Clarins Hand Cream is to blame; everyone is different so Sam I am not saying necessarily that it is your fault... still, if nails are on sealed etc - doesn't matter what handcream you use - enhancements still shouldn't lift. Find out the name of this 'specific' hand cream and I will tell Doug Schoon!:!: :?:

I have been using Clarins Creme Jeunesse des Mains Hand Cream which is lovely and hasn't caused my nails to lift and I used Retention and Perfect Colour Pink and White.

Have you tried Radical on your problem clients?

The only plausible way it could make enhancements lift is if you were still leaving some on the natural nail after PREP.

Either that or Clarins slowly morphs keratin into gold. I'm going to start saving all my toenail clippings and buying up Clarins. If its not PREP, ILL BE FREAKING RICH! :)

Hope this helps!

Latest posts

Back