nail fresh

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kay welch

Reaction score
can any one tell me the best way to use nail fresh.Have just orderd some alongside a little gel brush can you tell me if a gel brush is ok to use with MTW or will it go hard. I want to use it to sweep my smiles what can i clean it with.Also can you use nail fresh for french manicure wont it take of base coat can i use same brush as MTW. help would be appricated or could be something else sitting in wardrobe waiting to go on Ebay.:lol:

I use nail fresh with a gel brush, not used it with MTW but I'm sure it will be fine. I use it for FMs too, I don't apply a base coat as it dehydrates the nail and gives the polish a perfect oil free base to work on - like you say it woud take it off anyway!

Sassy Hassy said:
I use nail fresh with a gel brush, not used it with MTW but I'm sure it will be fine. I use it for FMs too, I don't apply a base coat as it dehydrates the nail and gives the polish a perfect oil free base to work on - like you say it woud take it off anyway!

how come you can get away with not using base coat? i know there wont be any staining with French but surely u need base coat for it to stick better and last longer? :rolleyes:

I'm just a smart arse! I wish! Well I apply the white, and then the nail fresh. Then my French base. as the products I use are formaldehyde and toluene free I don't have to worry about staining the nail plate, and the nail fresh gives it such a clean and dehydrated base that I don't think a sticky base it necessary ... unless someone tells me otherwise and as always I'm happy to try other methods!

I do the same Sassy don't have any need for a base coat with french and dont get any staining, Kate you could just use base coat under the smile line then when you sweep the smile with nail fresh it wouldnt cause any problems. obviously if you apply your base colour first then this wouldnt be possible and you need to aim to get your smile line spot on when you paint it.
HTH

yeah i apply my french base first. sometimes i do the tip first, varies from client to client, but generally i do it after.

years of doin gajillions of FM's a week at nails inc got me doin em pretty good anyway. :D

I just always use base coat. either toughen up or stickey. even when im just doing my own. cuz im a good girl like that lol.

must say toughen up is bloody fab!! keeps the polish on ages AND my nails r growin like theres no tomorrow, and not breaking!! I dont use it that often either. just as my base coat once a week!

Ohh i must try that my nail are looking pretty pants at the moment, i havent used the touhen up on myself yet.

thanks kate for that.
x

:rolleyes:
HI.... okay, so I am reading this and frowning away! lol. Relatively new at nails but someone talk me through this WHOLE convo.
Nail fresh - I know what it is but what are you doing with it, with a brush along the smile line... I'm now intrigued and I want to know what you are all doing. Must be old fashioned or summat. I put on a base coat, then the white smile then the top coat. Oh you all sound like you do something clever... Let me into this! lol.:green:
cheers,
kirsten x

hi, with nail fresh you can tidy the smile line using an old gel brush. Then contibue with polish as you want (eg a nice creamy or pinky) and then a top coat. There are loads of posts on getting the best frenchie.

xx

Prosperity said:
hi, with nail fresh you can tidy the smile line using an old gel brush. Then contibue with polish as you want (eg a nice creamy or pinky) and then a top coat. There are loads of posts on getting the best frenchie.

xx
ooooeeeeerrrrr lol at the frenchie bit - sorry you know me!! :twisted:

Latest posts

Back