nail geek in Manchester

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rachael173

Reaction score
hi all

i have just started a massage course and i had to take my acrylics off as they were to long :sad:
my natural nails are a nice shape and length underneath and I want to keep them like this so I wanted a natural overlay of either gel or acrylic put on them.
The problem is my nail tech has moved away and don’t want to try a new salon incase they over filed my nails and made them weak.
So is there any geeks that live in Manchester who would be able to help me or recommend anyone?:suprised:

Rach x

Hi Rachael,

I am located inBolton, not to sure how far that is for you to travel, but if you want any details please feel free to pm me hon x

Hi Rachael,

When I did beauty, we weren't allowed to have our nails long or painted. The reason you can't have them painted is because they could be dirty underneath (yuck!) and the reason you can't have them long (in fact, they shouldn't be over the tips of your fingers!) is in case you scratch the client. Unfortuantely, it's just part of the job.

There is also nicjill but haven't heard from her for a while!

Hi there

I'm based in Hulme, not sure if this is close to you.

PM me if you would like some more info.

Hope the massage course is going well.:)

Jenny

Creative L&P

Rachael173 said:
my natural nails are a nice shape and length underneath and I want to keep them like this so I wanted a natural overlay of either gel or acrylic put on them.
Hi there Rachel,
I am in my Second year of studying Beauty Therapy. I would check with your tutor before having an overlay, as the reason we were given for not being allowed anything at all on our nails not even clear polish on strengthener is in case the client has a re-action. Our Lecturer once worked on a cruise ship where a client had a facial from a therapist wearing Nail strengthner, the client had a re-action and ended up with a swollen face and eyes like golf balls. If a client is allergic to formaldahyde or another irritant she may not think it important to mention it if she is there for a massage and can see no polish on your nails. Another reason is that the polish or overlay could chip and contaminate the product you are applying to the client.
Sorry to put a dampner on it for you - I would double check first and hope your enjoy your course.
HTH
KxXx

Latest posts

Back