Nail Plate Receded..Need input..

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a question for you nail geeks out there...I googled my problem but the only thing remotely close to my question was something on your website, which is how i found you guys.

Ok, my problem is this...I am a big nail breaker...Ive done this at least for the last 15 years and its something i cant shake...its a gross habit but i'm working hard on it..

Now my nails have grown in a bit but my nail plate has receded and whatever nail grows in is breaking off because it is weak, im guessing the nail plate also acts as a natural strengthening wall...

Can a nail plate grow back in once receded?? what do i have to look for? is it a cream? prescription??

At work we've invested in a camera with an overhead HD monitor, and the objects which are viewed on the giant 42 inch screen are held in with my fingers, and its off putting when you view your nails like that on a giant hd screen...
Picture157.jpg

Get CND Solar Oil. Put it on at least twice a day, with the last one just before you go to bed to allow it to do its work overnight. Your nailplate will lengthen again. I used to bite my nails, and my nail plate is 1/3 to 1/2 longer than it was then. Solar Oil will also help those dry overgrown cuticles to disappear and make your hands look gorgeous!

Get CND Solar Oil. Put it on at least twice a day, with the last one just before you go to bed to allow it to do its work overnight. Your nailplate will lengthen again. I used to bite my nails, and my nail plate is 1/3 to 1/2 longer than it was then. Solar Oil will also help those dry overgrown cuticles to disappear and make your hands look gorgeous!

Thanks for the super quick response...I'm not expecting any miracles here, but turn around time..are we talking months or years? Just so i know what i'm doing...

Thanks for the super quick response...I'm not expecting any miracles here, but turn around time..are we talking months or years? Just so i know what i'm doing...
By using Solar Oil it will be weeks/months before you see a noticeable improvement providing you can leave them alone in the meantime :wink2:

Yes, it'll be a while before there is major improvement in regard to strength and getting longer nailbeds, but withing a couple of weeks they will look a lot better. As Sandi said IF you leave them alone! LOL

Yes, it'll be a while before there is major improvement in regard to strength and getting longer nailbeds, but withing a couple of weeks they will look a lot better. As Sandi said IF you leave them alone! LOL

Thanks..Thats all i need to know..
I will be on from time to time posting my finds..see you all in a month or two..

By using Solar Oil it will be weeks/months before you see a noticeable improvement providing you can leave them alone in the meantime :wink2:

Will Do...I found a couple locations in my area that sell this item, im going to start tomorrow..Honestly, i found this dilemma so hard, being a guy, i have the whole macho image i have to uphold lol..
All thanks to the internet i can hide behind my general user name and ask any question i want..
Again..many thanks to everybody who helped..
and i will be posting progress pictures. believe me.

Males can have gorgeous looking hands too. There are a lot of male geeks on here, so you are not alone.

Looking forward to seeing your progress. Good luck, and......DON'T PICK!!!!!

Started, Day 1,
Question already..When applying at night, do i have to cover my hands while im sleeping with this Solar oil on? first thing i did when i jumped into bed was throw my hands under my pillow completly forgetting i had applied Solar oil to my nails..

I suppose you could, but just give it a good rub in and you should be alright. Well done for going and getting it.

After watching Doug Schoon's video, he suggests putting oil on a cotton pad, then putting that on each nail before wrapping them up individually with tinfoil. Be a bit expensive using solar oil, but I guess you could put a little on a tissue or a thin piece of cotton wool and try it that way. The heat generated helps the oil penetrate the nail.

I'd also invest in a glass file to smooth any rough edges off your nails. Glass files are a much finer grit than the cheap cardboard ones and will help to stop the layers of your nails from separating and peeling from the edge. If there are no rough edges to the nails you will find it easier not to pick :)

I'd also invest in a glass file to smooth any rough edges off your nails. Glass files are a much finer grit than the cheap cardboard ones and will help to stop the layers of your nails from separating and peeling from the edge. If there are no rough edges to the nails you will find it easier not to pick :)

I will definatly look into your suggestion thank you very much, I actually started 4 days ago, and i haven't picked my nails once. One of the hardest habit's to shake has to be this because i've been doing it for soo l feel having long nails feels awkward. Nail tips contacting onto everyday objects is something i guess i'm going to have to get used to. Thanks everybody for all your input, and if anybody has anymore encouraging suggestions PLEASE don't hesitate.

Actually have one more question..

This Oil that I'm applying, do i rub it in until it isn't as runny as when i first apply it? first two days i just did a gentle rub in but there was a fair bit of oil still left on my nail and skin and it looked very wet, but the last two days i vigorously rubbed it in and it just feels oily to the touch rather then visibly oily.
Hope this makes sence, and if it doesn't, don't blame me, blame the alcohol. (i haven't forgotten how to use spell check at least while intoxicated)

Did the solar oil come with a brush? If with it did, just sweep it once around the cuticle area then rub in, you dont need a huge amount of oil.

Did the solar oil come with a brush? If with it did, just sweep it once around the cuticle area then rub in, you dont need a huge amount of oil.

Yes it in fact came with a brush, i don't use copious amounts when i apply them also...SO ill just keep applying small amounts and rubbing it in..

I put it on my schedule that on the 15 of April i will be giving you all an update..See you all then

Latest posts

Back