'Nailclass' the book!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rachel Mary

Reaction score
Hi Geeks
I cant wait to get rid of this christmas debt. I so want to buy Nail Class by Gigi. how many of you have bought it and what do you think of it.
I cant wait!!!!!!!!!
xxxxx:Love:

hubby got mine for christmas haven't had chance to read it all yet.but what i have read is great.

It is a fabluous book that i refer to again and again bit like a nail techs bible really.
x

A BEST BUY I love it

I've got it and think its great. It's definately very helpful.

My hubbie got it for me havent read it but looks very useful.

Ive got it, it is fantastic!

I have it and it has loads of tips and techniques that can help you, I have leant mine to my fellow student, so i am a bit lost without it. My only thing would be that I kinda wished there were a few pics in there, but then again i guess it was done on purposes so that it makes you think..........so then if you don't quite understand something, you get your hand out and follow the steps.

Let me ask a question though.........don't you find that a lot of other nail books are contradictory?

In what way are you meaning?

If this in reference to my question ab out contradictory..........I have loads of nail tech books the i have read, am reading, videos and dvd's and I find that a lot of the info re product application/technique are all contradictory.

I know in terms of application, that is down to the products and manufacturer instructions..........but sometimes i just get overwhelmed by all the differing information and also by what i have been taught so far, as to know what is right and what is prefference, or just plain wrong......ie: tip blending with tip blender or acetone.

I was having this discussion with other people that are attending my course, and we are all a little confused.

So that was what made me prompt and purchase your nail class book.

I think I need to get one soon.xx:hug:

Thanks Philippa for clarifying.

Remember, there are many ways of doing things which doesn't make information contradictory but just different.

When techniques however are going to cause you problems (such as using tip blender) it is then that you have to look at the 'facts' and use your better judgement to make your decisions as to what you will follow and what you won't. The facts (as opposed to opinions) can be found on this site in the tutorials.

Nailclass is a book which primarily teaches techniques that make life behind the table easier for the nail technician and safer for the client. They are efficient techniques that WORK. You can trust these techniques totally. But remember they are not the only way just a very very good way.

Geeg,

Thanks for that, now you can understand why I was asking you about the training that I am currently receiving, and why I have done a lot of research with Creative, their products and obviously your Book.

I find it difficult in my class when I am doing a technique that I have read in your book, and the tutor will ask me about it, as it differs from hers,....I am not trying to undermine her ways etc as I know people have different ways etc, but then it turns into the other students asking me questions before her, and I still refer them to her as she is the tutor, but then she will refer them back to me. I have to remind her that I am not qualified to take the class. I know I know some things, but I also recognise that i have a long way to go and I am not in any position to teach anyone apart from myself maybe .....lol

To myself Nailclass is a book that doesn't need coloured glossy pictures etc
Because of the way it is written its clear and like having a teacher by your side, You can tell that it has been written by a top educator that knows her stuff. :cool:
If you haven't got this book then I would say get it, It will help you understand application more than any other book I have ever read and I have read lots of them :wink2:

Rachel Mary said:
Hi Geeks
I cant wait to get rid of this christmas debt. I so want to buy Nail Class by Gigi. how many of you have bought it and what do you think of it.
I cant wait!!!!!!!!!
xxxxx:Love:
I wouldn't be without Nail Class - it is an essential for all technicians. It is easy to understand and very simple to put each tutorial into practice.

nailcouture said:
Geeg,

Thanks for that, now you can understand why I was asking you about the training that I am currently receiving, and why I have done a lot of research with Creative, their products and obviously your Book.

Let me just make it very clear, that although I have been a Creative educator for almost 20 years, the book Nailclass is NOTHING to do with products and nothing to do with Creative Nail Design. The techniques discussed will work with any Liquid/Powder system and be a useful tool for any nailtechnician at any level.

I would recommend that you get your tutor to purchase a copy ... it'll most likely help her too. MANY college lecturers have done so as most do not really come from a nail background but more likely a beauty background and have never really practiced nails full time!! Sad but true. Any student can purchase this book here from the Nail Geek site or any One Stop Nail Shop.

Evening Geeks!

Can anyone tell me where I can purchase Gigi 'Nailclass' book? I cant seem to find it anywhere. Amazon says it may take between 4-6 weeks!!! Any ideas geeks?

Kim xxx

Sorry, i went abit lazy and didnt read the above post..... sorry!

I have now purchased Nailclass from Nail Geek and looking forward to reading it!

Kim xxx

Well, I must say I am in love with my "Nailclass" book...I finally read it cover to cover, and noticed alot of my problem areas just from reading. Can't wait to actually start trying the techniques.

Got my book for Crimbo...

lurve it ...lurve it...lurve it

Way to go Gigi. :hug:

xxxx

Latest posts

Back