nailympics question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jac extreme

Reaction score
Hi all
Can anyone advise on this- my friend is entering the L&P sculpting comp at the nailympics for the first time and has asked me to be her model, which I would really love to do but I think I would let her down as although I have nice long nail beds my hands are rubbish as I have developed psoriasis (have I spelt that right) and my fingers can have at times unsightly cracks and dry skin, I dont want her to lose points because my hands are not up to scratch, should she get another model ?

just bumping this up

In a nut shell yes.

It's not that she will loose points for prior conditions ... that is taken into account ... but one really does want to choose a model whose hands are beautifully manicured (for weeks in advance) and in as perfect a condition as possible.

If you think you have time between now and then to pamper those hands and have them as beautiful as they can be on the day then go for it. If you think you might have a flare up then it would be best for her to try and find another model.

Remember the overall look is taken into account and photographs will be taken etc. Sorry if that is disappointing news for you. :cry:

Thank you Geeg, for your honest answer, I am going to have regular manicures, between now and the comp, and am taking my extensions off, but I will advise her to have a standby ready in case of problems.
Jacqui

Hi Jacqui...
I would just like to give you some words of encouragement...
On sun eve Paula1973 decided to change models for the L&P sculpting comp and asked me if i would be her model as i was staying at excel with her...we soaked my nails off sun eve, manicured my hands and nails in the wonderful solar products and the next day she competed with me as her model...like you i also have psoriasis on both hands (i put a little foundation on it) and i am mid 40's (ouch!)...lol
Paula came 2nd.
Now i agree with what as been said about choosing the best nails and hands you can find to comp with but...the true talent shone through with Paula's fantastic nails she made with her own skill.
So be a model for your friend, encourage her all the way through the comp and enjoy!

I agree with Deni

Is there any way you could perhaps use a thick barrier cream then use foundation or pehaps airbrush sum foundation on to give the illusion of perfect hands?!

Debz xx

Latest posts

Back