Nailympics - silly question?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xtremities

Reaction score
Hi all, getting real nervous about the competition this sunday. Can anyone tell me if you have to bring your own small dustbin and overhead lamp etc. Also do you have to wear a certain uniform etc. Can't find any mention in the competition rules etc.

We had to at Excel, but I don't have the rules for Nailympics..If in doubt, I would include it...

You are in a dither aren't you...bless, I was exactly the same...Don't panic. Once you have done it, you will think.."Oh what was I worried about!"

I would dress as smart as you and your model can. It will make you feel more professional if nothing else. Have you got a salon uniform? That is what you should wear. We had to for Excel.

Good luck..you will do great. You are entering and that in itself is huge acheivement!! :hug: :hug:

sam chaney said:
Hi all, getting real nervous about the competition this sunday. Can anyone tell me if you have to bring your own small dustbin and overhead lamp etc. Also do you have to wear a certain uniform etc. Can't find any mention in the competition rules etc.

Hi

im gonna take a wee bin and my daylight lamp plus extension lead etc...
i am just going to wear something i feel comfy in.... im nt a beauty therapist why would i wear a beauty uniform ??....(no offence intended there...jmho).... im gonna wear my ezflow pinny to protect my clothes like i do in salon

if you are unsure why nt contact Alex Fox or Janine Derbyshire

Jess
xox

Sparklepink said:
Hi

im gonna take a wee bin and my daylight lamp plus extension lead etc...
xox

hee hee...I know this is childish of me, but is this incase you get nerves?...lol

I'm sure they will have W.C. there.:biggrin:

sorryxxxx just having a laugh... Good luck with the comp.

If you have an apron then that is as good as a uniform. I think some rules state that a professional uniform should be worn and you could lose a point for not wearing one...I personnally wouldn't like to risk it. It could make all the difference.
:hug: :hug:

sam chaney said:

Hi ya Hun,
Right lets see:
Metal bin with lid and bin liner, small bin will be fine
Table Lamp with spare bulb you never know do you ????
Extension cable just incase you need it........
Spare fuse for plug and a little screw driver just incase........
All products must be clearly labelled – hand-written labels are acceptable
Uniform is not required this time, Alex confirmed this....

HTH

And if your hubby is your model and a master electrician all well and good.lol

sorry dont mean to take the mickey when nerves are frayed, just struck me as to what a lot you ahve to take, as well as do a good set of nails.

Good luck Sam and everyone else, Ruth, Glynis, Georgie, caroline, Jess and everyone else competing (sorry if i forgot anyone bit brain dead this morning)
x

Latest posts

Back