Natural nails L&P

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

looby4444

Reaction score
hiya

Im having trouble with doing natural L&P tip and overlay. im using clear over natural tips but if the client has dodgy nails underneath i can see through the tip and it looks messy?

im going to the click point with the tip, but if the nail under has a wonky smile, you can see it.

should i take the natural nails really short so that the click point is the only free edge and no nail is underneath??

i hope this makes sense....i only learnt p&w at creative so its just trial and error at the mo!

xx

Hi Louise,

When doing the natural look you need to file down all the free edge so there's none left. I wouldn't use clear powder over them tho, as you say you can see many imperfections this way. I use Ez flow natural powder which gives a lovely finish but some creative geeks on here might be able to advise you on a better powder to use. You could also just use pink in all 3 zones which would also give a more natural appearance but cover some of the imperfections.

Hope this helps a bit.xx:)

claireamy said:
Hi Louise,

When doing the natural look you need to file down all the free edge so there's none left. I wouldn't use clear powder over them tho, as you say you can see many imperfections this way. I use Ez flow natural powder which gives a lovely finish but some creative geeks on here might be able to advise you on a better powder to use. You could also just use pink in all 3 zones which would also give a more natural appearance but cover some of the imperfections.

Hope this helps a bit.xx:)

is there a gel like this?

Take the free edge as short as poss i would use a pink and yes you can get pink or natural gel or any coulour gel come to think of it.Painting them a nice light coulour is also a good way to cover imperfections

if you want a natural looking l&p with a bit more coverage try mixing your pwders i use ezflow 3parts pink and 11/2 or 2 parts white which i think is the same as creatives soft white i also use a tiny weeny bit of citrine which is a yellow powder(creative may have an equvelant)
remember to add your white to you pink powder not the other way round..to get a good blend

Hi, i was having the same problem but came across a post yesterday with the followingrecipe i am going to try out. Its 4 parts natural to 1 soft white and tad a of yellow for the tip and 4 parts pink to 1 natural for zones 2 and 3. All cnd powders.HTH

Latest posts

Back