Need advice about nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KerryA

Reaction score
Wow, I didn't know there was such a site! Perfect... I need some advice about nails. I am a nail-biter but love the look of well-kept nails. I just cannot seem to grow them!! Also, the nails on my index fingers sort of grow round over the tip of the finger instead of staying straight.
I am looking for some advice about the best way to get nice-looking nails. Should I persist with growing them (my beauty therapist who does all my facials and stuff thinks I could grow them if I tried)? If so, what can I do to make sure the nails grow strong and healthy? Or should I go for enhancements, say like gel nails, which a friend has recommended? I'm worried about them damaging my nails and also the cost of maintaining them though - which ones cause least damage and how much would they cost each month? And after looking on the internet now I'm worried about fungal infections too, yeuch!
And does anyone know what I can do about the weird curved growth of my index finger nails?
Thank you for any advice you can give!!
Kerry

Hi Kerry,

As an ex nail biter myself, I would definitely go for enhancements, only they can change the look of your nails, expecially the index fingers.

There is cost involved, and particularly if you go to a professional rather than a discount salon. Even then, it is wise to go by recommendation and get the best technician.

Nail enhancements do not ruin nails. Bad clients (who pick them off ) do and badly trained and uncaring technicians do.

No enhancement type is better than another ... gel, liquid/powder or wraps all need to be done by a skilled technician.

If you love nails, then you won't mind the expense one little bit. Worth every penny to have that groomed look and the confidence that goes with it.

Hi I am new and have only been doing nails for a short time........Any ideas how to "do" nails faster my boss would like me to a whole set in an hour:( I can get them in 1 hour 40 mins

SB_Silvermoon said:
Hi I am new and have only been doing nails for a short time........Any ideas how to "do" nails faster my boss would like me to a whole set in an hour:( I can get them in 1 hour 40 mins
wish i could do nails in that time. Im also new but still take more than two hours. I think it just comes with practice!

Latest posts

Back