Need advice ASAP - hair extensions 1/2 micro bead & 1/2 glue in

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BabyR

Reaction score
My friend went and got hair extensions in, the hairdresser said they were real hair, my friend was never told what make they were but spent over £100 on them. They have now went frizzy, matted and quite frankly look like a barbies doll hair. She has done the home care advice she was given but they still look really bad. From my experience of real hair extensions they are def not real hair. They look more like a wig to be honest. She got half micro bead and half glue in......does anything sound not right in what I've said so far?

I'm not a hairdresser so don't really have a clue, she is really upset about it and wants to confront the lady about it but apparently this lady isn't a nice person when you come back to complain, she just wants her money back, can anyone give me some advice on what she could do? This lady is also advertising them as real hair so if its not real is she not breaking the law? And should she not be advertising what brand they are? Thank you in advance xx

My friend went and got hair extensions in, the hairdresser said they were real hair, my friend was never told what make they were but spent over £100 on them. They have now went frizzy, matted and quite frankly look like a barbies doll hair. She has done the home care advice she was given but they still look really bad. From my experience of real hair extensions they are def not real hair. They look more like a wig to be honest. She got half micro bead and half glue in......does anything sound not right in what I've said so far?

I'm not a hairdresser so don't really have a clue, she is really upset about it and wants to confront the lady about it but apparently this lady isn't a nice person when you come back to complain, she just wants her money back, can anyone give me some advice on what she could do? This lady is also advertising them as real hair so if its not real is she not breaking the law? And should she not be advertising what brand they are? Thank you in advance xx

Your poor friend! Sounds like the hair is not real hair! Has your friend got in contact with her for a refund? How much did she pay for fitting? X

Your friend should go back to the salon and show the lady her hair, express why she is unhappy and allow the person to access it and fix it.

She will be going back to her this week. I think in total she paid £120. Just wanted some advice from hairdressers themselves to see if there's anything she needs to be asking when she goes back or if she can ask to see the extensions in the original packaging to be sure they're real. If anyone can give me a bit of advice that would be great, don't want her being took for a ride twice, thanks xx

For me to buy BUDGET hair for a clients hair extensions cost over that price and that's just the hair so it's definitely cheap hair and it's unacceptable to use micro rings and bonds there's no need for that sound to me she's used whatever she had lying about x

Mollie, so if you were to buy the cheapest hair extensions for a client they would cost more than that? She shouldn't have done the micro beads and glue together?

Not wanting to sound nasty, but surely you can understand with beauty and nails, but cheap but twice. The price of this was clearly really low, and so won't be of good quality. £20 for fitting? No way. My colleague charges £100 for fitting plus the cost of the hair. The salon is the cheapest in the town for fitting, but that's down to 16 years experience bringing the time down.

No, the brand dosent have to be advertised, but I'm sure if asked any good fitter will tell you what it is.
As for it being human, I asked here a while back about a set of clip in extensions I coloured for a friend, turned out the 100% human hair was more like 90% human. Maybe this is what your friend has xoxo

Mollie, so if you were to buy the cheapest hair extensions for a client they would cost more than that? She shouldn't have done the micro beads and glue together?

Yep for me to buy budget hair it costs me more than that and yes you should never use 2 methods on the one head definitely tell her to go baack and complain and ask why 2 methods were used x

Tomme I don't know anything about hair extensions so I'm not sure what is a cheap price and what isn't, only asking for advice for my friend on this matter. Thanks mollie, will get her to do that x

Tomme I don't know anything about hair extensions so I'm not sure what is a cheap price and what isn't, only asking for advice for my friend on this matter. Thanks mollie, will get her to do that x

Sorry. Yes, I would say its synthetic or part synthetic. Has your friend used heat etc? How long have they been in? Xoxo

Sounds like its human hair but human hair extensions mean bundles of different hair types put together that aren't cuticle correct therefore when washed they just mat together and have a nice silky silicone put over them so after the first few washes that comes off and your left with dry brittle hair x

And as tomme said there may be synthetic hair mixed in with it x

Although synthetic hair would Synge when straighteners are put to it x

Although synthetic hair would Synge when straighteners are put to it x

Not nessaserally, there is heat resistant synthetics available now. Some training heads are made of it (had to search for the cheapest heads available for someone who was going to be teaching media makeup and styling) xoxo

Oh really I would have thought given the heat from most straight era nowadays it would still Synge they bring out something new everyday lol x

I put a post up a couple of days ago about my friend getting half micro bead and half glue in extensions and they've all matted up basically like a barbie dolls hair.

Friend went back to her and she refused a refund, offered to take the hair out so she could use them on another client and she was told she'll take her to court and the hairdresser said she doesn't mind going to court......omg!!!

What does my friend need to do to make sure this woman at least gives her her money back? Will she have a case strong enough to win? Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Taking them out to use on another client?? Jeeeeeez!! Serious breach of hygiene/ health and safety laws!! X

well..... she'l need the hair..... it'l need to be independently tested which your friend will have to pay for initially & try to claim back if there is a case.

How long were they in for? are you sure they're not just at the end of their life (advertised about 2 months for cheapies (with regular washing))

I put a post up a couple of days ago about my friend getting half micro bead and half glue in extensions and they've all matted up basically like a barbie dolls hair.

Friend went back to her and she refused a refund, offered to take the hair out so she could use them on another client and she was told she'll take her to court and the hairdresser said she doesn't mind going to court......omg!!!

What does my friend need to do to make sure this woman at least gives her her money back? Will she have a case strong enough to win? Thanks

Omg I feel sorry for you friend as just to think that maybe the hair se has was previously 'taken out and reused' :(

It's best to have treatments like this done by people have recommended to you otherwise you could end up with any old Tom dick and harry messing around with your hair!

I have micro beads extensions in and I love them. The hair used is amazing quality I have has them in since Nov and I must admit I do need a maintenance appointment to just pull them back up as they are starting to be a little annoying with my own hair coming out the top lol but that's just down to me been lazy and always finding my money to spend on shoes :)

I always say spend the money and its often safer! Sorry I don't have your answer but good luck for your friend!

How long had your friend had these extensions in? Sounds like cheap hair was most likely used anyway to cause such matting! She needs to get the hair removed and then KEEP the hair herself and find an independent trichologist who will investigate the hair and will be able to let her know in detail about the condition of the hair, if it's real or mixed with anything etc. This will cost and all depends on how far she wants to go with this.
She could also ask the technician who put the hair in, where the hair came from, company etc and then speak to them direct for info on the hair.
Likely hood is that if your friend paid a low price to have these fitted, that the hair is likely to be of very poor quality also and the technician will know this.
Whatever she does make sure she keeps the hair herself!
I can't quite believe how this so called professional would even think about, much less said out loud that she will use the hair on another client!!!!!!! Shocking but just goes to show you how some people sadly are just in it to make a quick buck and let the industry and true professionals down!

Latest posts

Back