Need advice on a compressor and kit

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muzzy

Reaction score
Hi
you probably dont get many blokes on this forum, please be gentle with me! :hug:
my wife has been doing the essential nails acrylic home course and has been doing really well and her nails look far better than when she used to pay £35 for a so called "pro" to do them.

she is very artistic and wants to start doing airbrushing and im sure she will be very good at it.
she doesnt know it, but im planning on getting her a compressor and airbrushing kit for her for xmas. She already knows most of her prezzies as she chose them herself, so i thought it might be a nice surprise for her on xmas morning :Love:

This is where im stuck, obviously i dont have clue about what to get or not to get her.
I dont want to waste money buying something not up to the job that she wont be happy with, simalarly i dont want to spend a fortune on something far more advanced than is needed.
I looked at the CO2 kits and thought they look cr*p, so i want a good reliable compressor and all the gubbings that are needed with it, as well as the correct paints for using on acrylic nails.
So maybe some of you kind young lasses could point me in the direction of a few good bits of kit to go for?

many thanks

Hi,

you would be surprised as to how many men we do get on here - it is not a ladies only LOL.

Since your wife is doing the Essential Nails course - one option would be to get her the EN airbrushing course. Another option would be to contact Melle at All Things Nails - www.allthingsnails.co.uk and she will be able to point you in the right direction.

What a considerate hubby!

I don't do nails for any one but my me, but I've looked into airbrushes to do quick french manicure and none nail related painting. My mum has an airbrush and she told me which manufacturers she had heard about. Devilbiss, badger, simair and paasche. She also said the dual action was what she would recommend as she didn't like the single action ones (not as much control over the air flow and the paint flow). I've been drooling over a few on ebay. The compressors can reach quite expensive for some one just beginning. She suggested for me to get a car tire as she did and a foot pump as cans dont last as long until i decide that im more serious. Your wife may not think getting a car tire for Christmas as funny as i would (my husband got one for a wedding present off a friend) so look at the compressors on ebay as well!:biggrin:

yes i agree everything you need is in the en airbrush course.
its a good kit too and ideal for mobile, the compressors are heavy but the one in your kit is a good one for mobile

wow, thanks for all the swift replies!

i dont think she'd appreciate an old car tyre, she would probably at first think id bought her a new car and then when she found out it was for doing airbrushing with she'd probably tie it round my neck!

thanks for the advice on the essential nails airbrush kit, hadnt even thought of looking at that, pretty expensive though i think, but she'd be well impressed :green:

cheers all, now wheres my credit card :rolleyes:

you dont buy the compressor separetly everything is included it is worth the money just for the kit alone.
i did the conversion airbrush and i did not have to buy anything else at all...like i say everything is included in the price

could
be a great chrissy present for your wife:wink2:

cheers all, ordered it last night, hope she likes it, if not i guess it will be on ebay in january :biggrin:

she will love it.
us girls love stuff we can play with...just watch yourself cause you'll be her airbrush guinea pig:biggrin:

Latest posts

Back