Need advice on how to stick rhinestones to skin

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoJoPearce

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

I've got my 30th fancy dress party on Saturday which is a pop stars theme. I'm going as Christina Aguleria (sp) in Lady Marmalade.

I've got my whole outfit sorted but need to know how to stick some rhinestones to my face. I have tried eyelash glue but they come off after a few minutes. Any Ideas....

not sure if im right on this one and im sure someone will tell me so but what about gelbond as i believe this is a medical grade adhesive so safe for the skin temporarily
hth
x

I got some body gems from Claires once that had a tube of body enhancement glue in it. It seamed to be the same as PVA glue so try that!

not sure if im right on this one and im sure someone will tell me so but what about gelbond as i believe this is a medical grade adhesive so safe for the skin temporarily
hth
x

Did think about this but not 100% sure. Maybe if anyone else has knows of this then please let me know.

I got some body gems from Claires once that had a tube of body enhancement glue in it. It seamed to be the same as PVA glue so try that!

Cheers,

Might have to have a go a this. I also have fabric glue which is a bit like pva glue so that may well do the trick.

If you got to a fancy dress shop they should have something called "spirit gum" this is what is used to apply false moutaches etc in the theatre so it is ok to put on skin. HTH

I know this is a no-no...

But once, I used pharmacy nail tip glue. Pink gel kind.
It did the trick.
Probably not the best thing for your skin, but those stones stayed STUCK and just peeled off later with a bit of effort but no pain. A bit of scrubbing with a facecloth and soap and the glue came off my skin.

hth's

What do they use for bikini gems? Surely that would work? x x x

Let us know how you get on with the glue hun!

Have a fab night too, sounds brilliant! Love to see some pictures too, when your all dressed up!!

H x

spirit gum (often known as) eyelash glue will do the trick !!

Thanks for all your replies and i'll let you know how it goes and will post some pics as well.

It will work, even over the top of heavy foundation.

Attachments

• faces.jpg
    faces.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 519
Thanks Carl,

You dont fancy catching a quick flight to do my make up do you? I promise it will be a great night.

WHOA :eek:

Dude, that's some seriously heavy makeup and fancy-shmancy detailing!

Great job!
Did you do that yourself? Or someone do it for you?

gosh, it's been sooooooooooooooo long since I've done make-up artistry, I probably coudln't even manage a butterfly :lol:

HAIR GLUE. The kind used for extensions. It is generally applied directly to the scalp so I'm sure it would be fine for the face.

Latest posts

Back