Need help advertising my nails and tanning

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n2nails

Reaction score
HI, can anyone give me some advise on adrvisting please! I have been doing acrylic nails for about 3 years started with edge n now on creative which i love n want to do more clients i am advisting all the time on free web sites but im just not getting the clients i am also doing spray tanning which i love but again am not getting the clients! i am handing out leaflets, doing offers, web site asdvising but just not get the clientel :cry: i need event had leaflets in a hair dressers but havnt had anything back from there and i know poeple took the leaflets!! So please can anyone help me please!!! :lol:

Thanks

Tasha x x

Try handing out a special in a School Newsletters, it is amazing what results you will get.

Do letter box drops, put leaflets on the car windows at shopping centres, that is all I can think of at the moment. sorry.

I don't think you're allowed to put stickers on car windows are you?

Anyways, what about any wedding exhibitions in your area. contact wedding car hire firms andwedding dress shops and see what exhibitions are on. You will pay a fee but you're hitting your target market, brides, brides mother, bridesmaids, friends of the bride etc.

I've done leaflet drops and for me they where a waste of time. Other than word of mouth for me the bst advertising was in the yellow pages. I've upgraded to a small box very eyecatching. Brought new clients in from all over the County.

Good Luck,

Here are some ideas:

• Letter box drop tri-fold brochure - periodically
  • Letter box drop business cards - a couple of times a year
  • Letter box drop fridge magnets (cards with magnet on the back) - once a year
  • Yellow pages - pay a bit extra for a good size add
  • You can try local newspapers - but you might find that some small add in the beauty section doesn't work well b/c woman don't read/respond to newspapers, you want some 1/4 page add (very costly)
  • School & local newsletters, they cost so little to advertise in
  • Signs on your car - if you can't afford to have professional signs made draw up your own signs on paper, have them laminated and stick them on the inside of your car windows.
  • Pamphlets at local kinders where mums can take a pamphlet home
  • Display boards (libraries, maternal health centers etc.)
  • Reward Cards - rewards the clients for returning
  • Reward clients for referrals
  • Do free pampering events:Foster Care agencies some times have special events to pamper Foster Carers, contact agencies and offer to do free manicures or nail art or some easy service, have business cards and pamphlets on the table
  • Periodically do family and close friends for FREE b/c they can be walking advertisements
I do find letter box drops do not generate much business, but I also find that when I do them every three months or so I get calls b/c people have miss placed my last brochure and panic... then they get another brochure and ring me straight away.
To make you more aware of how effective advertising is, a general rule with advertising is 3 out of every 100 respond. This is small, but it gives you an idea of how important it is to keep the advertising ongoing. Never let more than 3 months laps in between advertising, people will forget who you are by then.

Latest posts

Back