Need help with acrylic dip please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bimbogeri

Reaction score
I have been trying out the Edge Quick Acrylic method on myself as I'm not that crash-hot with any other system on my right hand. After a bit of faffing I've managed to find an OK dipping method and can get an even shape and finish, but my problem is that my nails look very cloudy.
Rather than being relatively translucent like l&p the finish is very cloudy, almost like lots of teeny weeny little bubbles. Is this a sign of not applying the coat of resin over the layer of powder thickly/wettly enough (rather like if you don't wet fibreglass enough so it remains visible)?
Also, my instructions call for the brush-on resin all the way through, apart from the layer after the powder dip, when they just say 'resin' - does this imply that this coat should be done with a nozzle resin rather than the brush on (I do have both).
Hoping someone who has used or trained with the system can help (You about anywhere Chocolate? :) )
Thanks everyone!

bimbogeri said:
I have been trying out the Edge Quick Acrylic method on myself as I'm not that crash-hot with any other system on my right hand. After a bit of faffing I've managed to find an OK dipping method and can get an even shape and finish, but my problem is that my nails look very cloudy.
Rather than being relatively translucent like l&p the finish is very cloudy, almost like lots of teeny weeny little bubbles. Is this a sign of not applying the coat of resin over the layer of powder thickly/wettly enough (rather like if you don't wet fibreglass enough so it remains visible)?
Also, my instructions call for the brush-on resin all the way through, apart from the layer after the powder dip, when they just say 'resin' - does this imply that this coat should be done with a nozzle resin rather than the brush on (I do have both).
Hoping someone who has used or trained with the system can help (You about anywhere Chocolate? :) )
Thanks everyone!
I would tend to think its because you havnt wetted it enough, try the normalresin over the final instead of the brush on one!!

HTH

Amanda

i dont know if this will be of any use but i use backscratchers extreme powder glaze products (dipping method) and i used to get tiny bubbles and learnt it was because i wasnt brushing on the finish glaze as soon as i had dipped the nail in the powder. i found this on backscratchers website:

x

[font=Verdana,Geneva,Arial]What causes the finished nail to look cloudy?[/font][font=Verdana,Geneva,Arial]You must apply Finish Glaze immediately after dipping into Powder Glaze to prevent cloudiness. If after applying Finish Glaze to powder it doesn’t become clear, apply a second coat of Finish Glaze to powder, before spraying with Glaze Dryer.[/font]

[font=Verdana,Geneva,Arial] It looks like there are tiny bubbles under the surface of the product. What do I do?[/font][font=Verdana,Geneva,Arial]We’ve found that after you apply Powder Glaze, and brush on Finish Glaze, if you brush on another coat of Finish Glaze before spraying Glaze Dryer, it brings the bubbles to the surface and they disappear.[/font]

bimbogeri said:
Thanks everyone!

Did you get sorted LOL

Yep, using the nozzle resin sorted the cloudiness right out! Only problem is that I can't seem to control it very well and keep flooding my fingers so I've got resin under my free edge and run over my fingers :irked:
Anyone got any tips for controlling the flow of the resin? I'm squeezing very very gently and backing right off as the resin gets towards the end of the nozzle but I can't seem to get even coverage over the nail w/out getting it all over my fingers too!!
Help???

how about taking the lid off and using a brush to apply it, may work
:)

I did try that but the brush set rock-hard in seconds so I'm guessing it needs to be a certain type of bristle to work? Was thinking of getting a spare brush-on and just filling the bottle with the nozzle resin, think that would work??

Latest posts

Back