Need opinions and feedback on lash work!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aquarius97

Reaction score
Hi everyone I only qualified in classics last month and I qualified in Russians just under 2 weeks ago. Getting on with classics fairly okay, still taking 2 hours for a full set though which I hope will improve with time as I'm more experienced. Had a really bad time with the Russians I have actually came to tears once I got so frustrated ! I have only done 2 sets of Russians since being qualified as it's only been 2 weeks but I have been practising on cotton pads also. These are 0.05 16mm faux Mink D curl lashes, if people could give me feedback would be great ! Also, never Would of thought a pair of tweezers would be so crucial in lash application as it is with Russians!!

Attachments

• IMG_8426.JPG
    IMG_8426.JPG
    160.5 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_8427.JPG
    IMG_8427.JPG
    138.4 KB · Views: 69
Hi and welcome to the world of lashing! Russian volume is quite an art and I'm surprised your trainer allowed you to train after only just qualifying in classics [emoji15] usually they require you to have a good amount of experience first.
Volume work is extremely frustrating ,but hang in there. It can take months to see improvement. You really need to get practicing on people, offer some free sets to mates or heavily discounted. Or suggest to your classic clients if they wouldn't mind you adding a few fans to their set so you can practice.

I'm in no way an expert in this field, so wouldn't want to critique you. However I can recommend a group on Facebook called Lash tribe which is full of master lash techs and others who share amazing advice and tips every day and they would be more than happy to help you along your way.
To be able to really see if your fans are good enough, it would be good for them to see the bases, individual fans and the amount of glue used as these are the major factors.

There is also a great website you can join which is full of info which also has a technical support called 'lessons in lash artistry' or Lila for short.

Then also follow frankie widows on Instagram and Facebook, plus her YouTube videos.

Tweezers are a nightmare!! It is perseverance and trial and error to get the right pair. I have a graveyard of about 20 pairs!

Hope I have been helpful xx

Ok firstly, please don't use lash adhesive on cotton pads. It can cause an exothermic reaction and can catch fire!
If you have some make-up sponges then they are good. Just no cotton fibres :)
I think your fans are really good especially how long you have been lashing.
Lasing can be so frustrating and volume is like learning a completely different technique altogether.
Everyone is the same when they first start.
Try practicing with shorter lengths as you're not going to be using 16mm on clients so it's best to get used to the lengths that you will be using.
I have a couple of clients that I use 13mm but generally 11mm is the longest length I use.
Tweezers make a big difference. Make sure your tweezers are nice and sharp. Different shape tweezers suit different people so you have to try a few and see what shape you like. Dumonts are the creme de la creme of tweezers but they don't suit everyone.
I'd just keep on practicing and you'll get there :) x

Hi everyone thank you for your replies!! Lots of help in the lash world and lots of help on the internet I appreciate it! And the bases of my fans are always in a point abseloutely no Square bases I make sure of that haha and only using the least amount of glue that I can but also making sure it's enough. When I started 2 weeks ago I would literally use a full strip of lashes and only get 2 suitable fans out of the whole strip! I would drop them in the glue would pick them up off the strip and the base of the fan would be uneven and basically everything would go wrong !! But now about 95% of the fans I pick up turn out fine so I can use them. When I first started it was about 10% of fans I could actually place on someone's eye so big improvement haha :) I always watch Frankie widdows she's like the fairy lash mother haha, and at the minute I can't afford dumont tweezers I am still expanding my kit as I have only been using the best products on the market as I want best quality for my clients. Also on the lengths, I practise with longer lengths as I find the shorter ones so easy so when practising I don't feel like I'm challenging myself , also I use up to 15mm on clients with 0.03. I am aware of exothermic reaction and usually practise on a little stand thing that I have but I was too lazy the other day so used the pads oops I never ever use cotton near a clients lashes for this reason and also because it would get tangled, I use micro brushes instead. Really appreciate everyone's help ! I just need to get quicker at my work I'm too slow Also I was going to add spray tans around Christmas time but would you advise its best to focus on one thing at a time and perfect lashes before adding something else? Thank you! ❤️

Latest posts

Back