New approach to tan prep?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

liquidsunrayz

Reaction score
I have been spray tanning for 6 years now and have always maintained the norm of advising to prep the skin the night before the tanning appointment etc etc

However I have seen a number of local salons in my area offering full body exfoliations immediately prior to a spray tan; is this a new approach that is gathering momentum or is it just a risky business that will result in bad tan OR is there no longer a right or wrong way to prep the skin prior to a spray tan. :Scared:

I look forward to the responses

Thanks Lou :smack:

I have seen this as well. Be interesting to know x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I trained with sienna x and although you're absolutely right, you should prep skin prior to treatment for best results dome provoke just don't! Salons will offer exfoliation as an 'extra' and may charge for this. If I have a client who hasn't exfoliated beforehand I spritz them with Sienna's exfoliating spray, it contains fruit acids so no need to wash off and great way to be sure your client is fully ready for their tan.

I have been spray tanning for 6 years now and have always maintained the norm of advising to prep the skin the night before the tanning appointment etc etc

However I have seen a number of local salons in my area offering full body exfoliations immediately prior to a spray tan; is this a new approach that is gathering momentum or is it just a risky business that will result in bad tan OR is there no longer a right or wrong way to prep the skin prior to a spray tan. :Scared:

I look forward to the responses

Thanks Lou :smack:

there is no science behind this and it is simply a case where this salon as well as others that provide this service are adding to there income revenue stream by offering this service

Hey Lucy lu can u tell me ore about that sienna X exfoliating spray please....

Sent from my GT-S7580 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back