New business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Feelfabliz

Reaction score
Hi

New to this but need suggestions

I've just opened my own salon and have a rent a chair hair dresser who pays a weekly rate and a beauty therapist who works 2 days and pays a daily rate. What do I do if they want time off for holidays? So I give them some money off rent or give them so many holiday days rent free??

Thank in advance for any replies x

It's a business and they're self employed. They can work the hours and days they want but they still have to pay rent. When I go on holiday I still have to pay my house rent :)

As Banner Penguin says above, a self employed person paying rent is obligated to pay that rent even if they're on holiday.

On the other hand, when I was looking to relocate last year, one of the salons I was thinking of renting from had it built into the contract that there was two weeks 'holiday' every year where you didn't have to pay rent. They also had a clause where if you were admitted into hospital or similar, you wouldn't have to pay rent whilst you couldn't work. I thought that was really decent of them and although I didn't go there because of room suitability issues, that made the whole salon much more attractive as a place to rent from.

I rent 5 days a week and when I go on a 2 weeks holiday I still have to pay the salon owner 2 weeks rent! X

Thanks for your replies x

Latest posts

Back