New business!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melanie89

Reaction score
so tomorrow is the big day, i am going to be renting a nail desk within a hair and beauty salon in murrayfield, edinburgh and im sooo nervous lol. think iv got pretty much everything sorted and im all ready to phone hmrc to declare myself self employed (ahhh! :lol:) but just a few questions for u geeks out there :).. obv i expect to be quiet for a while so iv made up some leaflets as the salon is around a lot of houses, is it a good idea to go round the doors to let ppl know im there? also iv said in my brochures for full time hours tues - sat, did you stay in the salon all the time even if u had no bookings until you became busy? i want to be there as much as poss even if im not doing any nails just so ppl get to know who i am and what i do! and i dont have anything else to do anyway so my goal is get as many clients as i can. and does anyone have a or know where i could look at an example of a stock sheet as i have no idea how to make one that will do! thanks guys xx oh and does anyone have insurance with salon gold??

Good luck in your new venture. It's a good idea if you can leaflet drop when you're not busy. I only started 3 months ago myself and it's been quite good----I think it can be better though---but I just remind myself that I've only just started. I do open wednesday to saturday and I tend to stay in the salon busy or not till the end of that time as I occasionally get passing trade which of course I could have missed out on if not in the salon.
Good idea if you can also introduce yourself to the local businesses and local people just so they know you're there. If people don't know you're there---then of course they won't come to you.
And yes I'm with salon gold as well.
All the very best of luck. :)

Good luck!!!
I started selfemployed last week and came in when my client was booked in most of the time, the week wasnt that busy but i still went home with a decent average wage at the end of the week.
Be a good idea to make up some flyers advertising 25% off treatments and give them to local business's in the area. Thats my goal this week!
Enjoy yourself, I know its a big step but Im so glad I took the plunge, gives you so much freedom!

xxx

Good luck with your new business, some may say it's a bad time for business but personally I think there are lots of great opportunities out there so I wish you the very best of luck!

so tomorrow is the big day, i am going to be renting a nail desk within a hair and beauty salon in murrayfield, edinburgh and im sooo nervous lol. think iv got pretty much everything sorted and im all ready to phone hmrc to declare myself self employed (ahhh! :lol:) but just a few questions for u geeks out there :).. obv i expect to be quiet for a while so iv made up some leaflets as the salon is around a lot of houses, is it a good idea to go round the doors to let ppl know im there? also iv said in my brochures for full time hours tues - sat, did you stay in the salon all the time even if u had no bookings until you became busy? i want to be there as much as poss even if im not doing any nails just so ppl get to know who i am and what i do! and i dont have anything else to do anyway so my goal is get as many clients as i can. and does anyone have a or know where i could look at an example of a stock sheet as i have no idea how to make one that will do! thanks guys xx oh and does anyone have insurance with salon gold??

Latest posts

Back