New Client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bagpuss

Sleepy Geek Zzzzzzzz
Reaction score
I just got a call from a lovely lady who has asked if i can do her mother in laws nails, she is 98 bless her. She said " i nearly didnt ring cos i was sure you only do fancy nails for young girls" i told her i would do whatever she wanted me to do, which turns out to be just a file down and tidy as they are both blind and the mother in law keeps catching herself with them and neither can see to do them. I feel so humble and cant wait to meet them. I was going to file down, cuticles removed, oil and a little massage. she doesnt want any polish or anything. can you guys think of any anything eles i could do to make it all as nice as possible for her. xxx

Ah bless.

I had a chap of about 70 odd ring me once for a file down....he was struggling with his nails when he was trying to get his contacts in and out!!.

A nice hand and arm massage using SOLAR products would be lovely for them.

what about paraffin wax? that would leave her hands lovely and soft.... I would say use lovely smells if she cant see very well, then she'll appreciate that all the more! x

Just thought of one thing to add to the manicure - buff their nails. I know they wont see the shine but think how lovely and smooth their nails will feel to them.

Good luck

Nicki

thanks for your advise, she said that her mother in law has terrible arthritis so i am assuming she has pain and want to be as gentle as possible. I haven't had training for wax so i wouldn't be able to do that but i do have some Spa Manicure finishing lotion that smells gorgeous so i could use some of that afterwards.

Why not give a lovely foot massage too, going up the back of the leg and around the calf. Old people benefit so much from gentle massage, even if they have arthritis you can gently massage the skin and muscles without twisting or putting any pressure on the joints. And make sure that everything you use is well perfumed. Older people often dont have a good sense of smell so a bit of extra wholla is good for them.

Enjoy yourself and I am sure that they will love every second of it.

do you use heated mits...if not what about warm towels. great for her arthritus.

Hiya, I love the warm towel idea, never done this b4 how do I warm them, sorry for dumb question !!

This one isn't for me, its not about trying to impress her or to see her as a financial client, I just want to pamper her and make her feel good for a little while.

Hi

They used warm towels when I did my manicure training - they just lightly sprinkled some water on it and then put it in the microwave for about one minute - just make sure that there are no hot spots in it. Hope it all goes well, which I am sure it will.

Latest posts

Back