New Client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snickers

Massively Geeky
Reaction score
I've got a new lady coming to have her nails done soon only she's been going to a NSS Salon :sad: !!!!! Is it essential that I soak her nails off and start again or is it possible to just rebalance them? They look fine just a little bit of lifting. I'm not sure if she will want a soak off and new set tho.

I've not had this situation before and would appreciate some advice. I use Creative products.

Cheers

P.S. How long is a set of NSS nails likely to take to soak off?

hiya, you will spend forever trying to get them off, buff soak buff soak buff soak, etc, i would rebalance over and wait for the nss nails so grow off, as this will cause less trauma, hope this helps
Forever Nails said:
I've got a new lady coming to have her nails done soon only she's been going to a NSS Salon :sad: !!!!! Is it essential that I soak her nails off and start again or is it possible to just rebalance them? They look fine just a little bit of lifting. I'm not sure if she will want a soak off and new set tho.

I've not had this situation before and would appreciate some advice. I use Creative products.

Cheers

P.S. How long is a set of NSS nails likely to take to soak off?

Hi kittenclaws I think this will be best or i'll be there forever, I know I call myself Forever Nails but it's not meant to be taken literally lol. Thanks hun x

Hiya Pauline

I know it will take a while, but try and file them a lot thinner than they are at the moment, it will make your future rebalancing a lot easier.

xx

lol, i like the coment about forever nails, i didnt even think of it, but yes i do agree a rebalance would be beter as it will be a lot kinder to all concerned, good luck and im sure once she sees how diferent you work compared to what she is use to, she'll never go back:D
Forever Nails said:
Hi kittenclaws I think this will be best or i'll be there forever, I know I call myself Forever Nails but it's not meant to be taken literally lol. Thanks hun x

what are NSS nails?? i'm astill learning!! x

:o Yes, what does NSS nails mean please? - I too am new to all this jargon :confused:

NSS means None Standard Salon!

xxxxxx

its how we refer to salons that do not use health and safety standards, do not do any prep and rip your anil beds to shreds with electric drills due to no training with the objects.

scattyfox said:
its how we refer to salons that do not use health and safety standards, do not do any prep and rip your anil beds to shreds with electric drills due to no training with the objects.

Thanks for that - it did cross my mind to ask what a "non standard salon" implied but you saved me the job.:green:

For a horrible moment i thought that i might have fallen into this category (not being Creative trained :Scared: ) - but NOOOOOO I don`t - even though I`m new to all this I take Health and Safety VERY seriously and would never dream of using a drill - even if i was trained - one false move.......:evil:

Thanks for taking the time to explain,

Trace x

princessniknox said:
Thanks for that - it did cross my mind to ask what a "non standard salon" implied but you saved me the job.:green:

For a horrible moment i thought that i might have fallen into this category (not being Creative trained :Scared: ) - but NOOOOOO I don`t - even though I`m new to all this I take Health and Safety VERY seriously and would never dream of using a drill - even if i was trained - one false move.......:evil:

Thanks for taking the time to explain,

Trace x
You sound very serious about your job! You don have to be creative trained to be good. Welcome to the site.

one of my friends used to go to a NSS in town, I convinced her to have them removed and a new set applied and I was pleasantly suprised that they were no harder to remove than what I use..... and there didnt seem to be any damage!! Good for her, bad for me!! I'd been telling her how bad these places are etc etc...

I would probably just rebalance them, but if she's suffering from lifting then its unlikely to be MMA isnt it? Have a look when you see her and decide from there - good luck hun x

but if she's suffering from lifting then its unlikely to be MMA isnt it? [/QUOTE said:
mmmmm I hadn't thought of that, maybe someone will be able to help us with that one.

I'll have a good look and see how easily it comes away when I file.

Thanks peeps for your replies.
x

Latest posts

Back