New S Gel from Bio-Sculpture

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bolo30

Reaction score
Hi Guys im looking for some advise. Has anyone tried the new gel which was launched in March from bio-sculpture called S gel. If so what is it like. I am a Bio-Sculpture tech but Im a little disappointed as I thought they would have sent me something to let me know about this. Anyway does this gel replace the clear gel and do you still need to use the sealer gel. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Im also thinking of doing a conversion course with creative re Brisa gel but still not sure. Im going to the Beauty show in Edinburgh (my home town) and was thinking of waiting in case i see something else but I feel that alot of the other companies let you down as they dont have the back up and ongoing training like creative especially here in Scotland. The trainer for creative whs course I was going to book for is a lady called Margo I think she stays just outside Glasgow does anyone know her and is she recommended please advise.

Many Thanks

Hi Carole

Sorry to say I can't help but am really curious myself to know about this new gel. I too do Bio Sculpture and it's the first I've heard of it too! How can Bio Sculpture not tell us about it???? :suprised:

I am Bio Sculpture qualified, and this S Gel is news to me too :irked: ... I was only aware of the new spring/summer colours which were launched at ExCel.

Are any other Bio techs able to help with this one please ?

No I haven't heard about it either and I am also a bio tech, they also told me last October they would let me know about free workshops coming up in 2005. Nothing at all.

Is it on their websit the new gel?

Regards
Deb379

Nails at Home said:
Hi Carole

Sorry to say I can't help but am really curious myself to know about this new gel. I too do Bio Sculpture and it's the first I've heard of it too! How can Bio Sculpture not tell us about it???? :suprised:

Well I was in touch with Bio Sculpture at Xmas time and I was told that Bio-Sculpture were looking at launching a new gel but it was a secret at the moment. So I checked their web site out today but nothing so sent them an e-mail in which I was told that it was no secret now and that it was launched in March? I really dont think that they are very good at keeping us up to date as this is one of the reasons Im thinking of doing a conversion course as I feel I just dont get the back up training etc from Bio. Which is a shame really.

Perhaps Little Angel, ADiva1 or MINKUS know about S Gel ... I will send an e-mail to my educator too and report back.

Sorry, this is the first time I've heard about this one... the 'S gel'. What I do know is biosculpture have been thinking of improving the clear gel as some clients do experience yellowing of it.....

I'll definitely be speaking to my Educator tomorrow on the phone!

hey

i haven't heard anything either!! i will be on the phone first thing, and wont she get an earful if there is something new and i don't know about it hmmp!!
TBH my area rep is really good normally. Great back and support.

NEVER HEARD OF IT EITHER BUDDY.

Pulling your pi**er i think.

AMb xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

MINKUS said:
NEVER HEARD OF IT EITHER BUDDY.

Pulling your pi**er i think.

AMb xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Here is a copy of my e-mail which was sent to me.
Hi there Carole,

It is no longer a secret anymore! We launched our new 'S' Gel in March. If you would like to purchase some please call us or even email us for your order. We can then send you a parexel poster as well.

Regards

Charlotte

Hi bio geeks - just emailed my Educator and YES there is a new bio gel called the S-Gel. Here's the response I got....

"Yes we have just started to introduce the s- gel to our advanced customers.
It is a gel that is much stronger than the clear gel, shiny and clear. You need special instructions with it though".

ADiva1 said:
Hi bio geeks - just emailed my Educator and YES there is a new bio gel called the S-Gel. Here's the response I got....

"Yes we have just started to introduce the s- gel to our advanced customers.
It is a gel that is much stronger than the clear gel, shiny and clear. You need special instructions with it though".

Interesting ... I am waiting for a reply from my educator, so will let y'all know the response a.s.a.p.

wow ! wouldnt you think they would mailshot their loyal customers !!

I have just rung and found out the following info:

Its a clear gel, superb clarity, used as a top coat over colour, or sealer gel...suitable for tips and sculpts ....not suitable to put directly onto the natural nail (?) still soak off....comes in 4ml and is the same price as clear gel.

I hope its good !! AND STRONG OVER TIPS !!

AMb xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Got the same thing about it being only a 'top coat'!!!

"It also comes in mini's. Best to put it at the top, never on the natural nail, because it is not so flexible"

MINKUS said:
wow ! wouldnt you think they would mailshot their loyal customers !!

I have just rung and found out the following info:

Its a clear gel, superb clarity, used as a top coat over colour, or sealer gel...suitable for tips and sculpts ....not suitable to put directly onto the natural nail (?) still soak off....comes in 4ml and is the same price as clear gel.

I hope its good !! AND STRONG OVER TIPS !!

AMb xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi I feel the same way as you im a bit hacked of with Bio actually I was also advised by bio that they were thinking of doing some workshops have you heard anything? Im still thinking of doing a conversion course Creative Brisa. How do you find there system?

Have just spoken with my distributor and she tells me that the S gel is actually very new to the market but she herself is still unsure about whether she's happy with it or not yet! She says that other countries have been using it and there's been a mixed response. Because of this she didn't want to advertise it to everyone. She's had a few people try it out for experimental purposes and has had mixed responses but says I'm very welcome to buy some if I want to try it out.

Apparently it can be used as an inbetween gel too (just not as the first coat on the natural nail).

She also told me that they've just opened a new training centre and there will be some sort of training offered in the near future. Didn't actually go more into this with her!

I'm off on holiday soon so have decided to order some on my return but has anyone ordered some already? This will definitely be a good site for anyone to report their verdicts on it. If it works out to be a stronger gel which stops discolouration then I'll be a very happy woman!! xx

I've now heard the same ... use as top or middle layer ... special instructions are to be followed.

bolo30 said:
Hi I feel the same way as you im a bit hacked of with Bio actually I was also advised by bio that they were thinking of doing some workshops have you heard anything? Im still thinking of doing a conversion course Creative Brisa. How do you find there system?

Brisa is ace go for it!!

AMb x

Hi, I have read all the above comments. I have recently used bio s gel and found it to be really great. For those who may want to change to other gels, remember bio is not acrylic based and the long term benefits out way any of the other gels and acrylics. Try not to get discourage from slow information, if you do want to find out about things and feel you should be given acknowledgement give your companies a ring and tell them so. I am a nail tech in New Zealand and I have been doing nails for 20 years and I have now been using bio for about six years and just love it. I would now never go back to an acrylic based product. The main usages of the s gel is to use in as a middle coat or top coat but always remember to sterilise well the s gel every time before adding any other gel or polish over it. I hope I have helped anyone.

natalie wright said:
Hi, I have read all the above comments. I have recently used bio s gel and found it to be really great. For those who may want to change to other gels, remember bio is not acrylic based and the long term benefits out way any of the other gels and acrylics. Try not to get discourage from slow information, if you do want to find out about things and feel you should be given acknowledgement give your companies a ring and tell them so. I am a nail tech in New Zealand and I have been doing nails for 20 years and I have now been using bio for about six years and just love it. I would now never go back to an acrylic based product. The main usages of the s gel is to use in as a middle coat or top coat but always remember to sterilise well the s gel every time before adding any other gel or polish over it. I hope I have helped anyone.

Welcome to the Nail Geek Website! Total addiction!

Thank you very much for this information. Can you tell me why you have to steralise S-gel thoroughly, in particular between layers? I can understand steralising as a top coat, buy why between layers?

Latest posts

Back