New S Gel from Bio-Sculpture

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
natalie wright said:
Hi, I have read all the above comments. I have recently used bio s gel and found it to be really great. For those who may want to change to other gels, remember bio is not acrylic based and the long term benefits out way any of the other gels and acrylics. Try not to get discourage from slow information, if you do want to find out about things and feel you should be given acknowledgement give your companies a ring and tell them so. I am a nail tech in New Zealand and I have been doing nails for 20 years and I have now been using bio for about six years and just love it. I would now never go back to an acrylic based product. The main usages of the s gel is to use in as a middle coat or top coat but always remember to sterilise well the s gel every time before adding any other gel or polish over it. I hope I have helped anyone.

think you may be misleading a few peeps here? also known more commonly as talking out of your a**.

U always sterilise after the final layer....why would you in between layers? unless you r talking s gel middle layer...buff clear top layer....but why would you do this? s gel is an excellent final finish gel? (especially when cured for double time as recommended) Strong and SUper shiney? AND my trainer said to use nail polish remover to remove s gel as it contains OIL...not steriliser

sorry natalie....i am confused:rolleyes: .....

... i was also told to sterilise after s gel, and before any other gel was put on top - it says this in the s-gel instructions too... not sure why tho - you don't have to sterilise between layers of any other gels??

also, re: bio not being acrylic-based... i thought ALL enhancement products were acrylic-based - i may totally misunderstand what i thought i had learnt from this site but i thought the 'acrylic' part was EMA (and i'm pretty sure when i checked the bio pot, that is does contain this??)

genuine question guys, don't mean this comment to come across as if i[m contradicting you... if anyone can set me straight that'd be great!!:cool:

x

Bud said:
... i was also told to sterilise after s gel, and before any other gel was put on top - it says this in the s-gel instructions too... not sure why tho - you don't have to sterilise between layers of any other gels??

also, re: bio not being acrylic-based... i thought ALL enhancement products were acrylic-based - i may totally misunderstand what i thought i had learnt from this site but i thought the 'acrylic' part was EMA (and i'm pretty sure when i checked the bio pot, that is does contain this??)

genuine question guys, don't mean this comment to come across as if i[m contradicting you... if anyone can set me straight that'd be great!!:cool:

x

Yes...all gels, L&P, and fabric systems are of the Acrylate family....that's why we are trying to get away from calling L&P (liquid and powder) enhancements acrylic nails......I know nothing further to assist here as I don't know Bio Sculpture products....HTH

izzidoll said:
Yes...all gels, L&P, and fabric systems are of the Acrylate family....

I agree with Izzy.

As for sterilizing s gel between layers you can 'sandwich' it between clear gel but if you want to apply color straight over s-gel you need to wipe and buff first as the color wont adhere to the s-gel it goes 'streaky'

An easier way to add strength when using color is to use clear then color then finish with s-gel and double cure.

Amber is right they do now advise to use their nail polish remover as your final wipe as they have reformulated the sterilizer.

My 2P worth Hope it helps.

Latest posts

Back