New salon-how long?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hannajadem

CND Education Ambassador
Reaction score
My beauty therapist has finally given me the good news I have been waiting for all year-she is opening a beauty salon locally and wants me to rent a desk to do enhancements.
It's going to be in a shop that was previously a gift shop. She told me about it only last week and she has given in her notice at her old place and the new place will be opening (hopefully) on the 4th November.
I arranged to go there this week to discuss rent etc and she phoned the day before to say that we'll have to postpone our meeting as there's some 'red tape' preventing her signing the lease. She went on about how she doesn't want to tempt fate etc, and she can't get the buiders in until the lease is signed etc.
My question is- providing the lease is signed Monday (which she thinks it will be) how long does it take to sort everything else out as I'm unsure whether she will be open by November 4th? It seems like there's a lot to sort out before then.
I trust this woman i.e. believe she's not giving me the runaround as she has brought me quite a bit of business in the past but I'm wondering if she's aiming too high, and I need to know roughly when it's going to open to sort out a childminder.
Hope this makes sense!

I take it she has all the planning permissions in place.

Little hick-ups can go on forever and she is also depending on the builders being available as and when it all comes off.

It is hard to say and I think nobody else can really gauge timescale better than her/her solicitor.

Good luck with it all Hannah and fingers crossed it takes off soon xxx:hug:

Latest posts

Back