New to lashes and beauty

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicole24

Reaction score
Hi All,

i am completely new to beauty. Currently working in the advertising industry and looking to train in Lash's to run as a side business - hoping to make this a full time venture once I am up and running and stable.

So I have a few questions kicking around:

• I am booked on a course already, for Sept. Is there any reading up I need to do? As I am completely new to the industry.
  • Looking to start out on friends straight away, then go mobile, what equipment would you advise? Unfortunately I do not have the space at home to dedicate one room. So all furniture would need to be easily storable.
  • Which brand lashes do you all advise? I love wearing my Mink lashes. Other brands I have had have been very plastically.
  • Do you have any do's/dont's?
Thanks,
Nic x

I hope you don't mind me replying as I don't do lash extensions (I do lash Lifting though) but my daughter trained back in March so I thought I'd share her experiences as nobody else has replied yet.

She was at college doing a full time level 2 Beauty Therapy course and the lash course was a one day add on, she then had to do 3 case studies before she was awarded her certificate (as well as the full set she did on the day of the course). My concern with this was that she is only covered on insurance for treatments she has actually qualified in so it was very important that the "guinea pigs" she did her 3 case studies on knew this! - so definitely only very close friends and family - and make sure they do a patch test with the glue 48 hrs before!

After she did the case studies she started offering lashes at a "special introductory price" and made sure everyone knew she was still new to it. She's a teenager and she has been absolutely inundated with lash clients around he age ever since! (They seem to have more disposable income!?). She has upped her price but is still very reasonable because at the end of the day it will take her a while to perfect her technique (although they do look great already and everyone has been delighted!)

She works from my home salon and we have had to invest in an extra couch! If you are going to go mobile, make sure you buy one that is light weight and easy to put up and down. You will also need a good lamp as you won't know what lighting your clients will have. Other than that, all her kit fits into a small zip up case, but a sturdy vanity case might be better if you're mobile.

See what brand they use on your course. My daughter uses Lashbase and I also use them for lash lifts. The kit was provided on both our courses. They have a vast selection of lashes too.

We both looked at lots of the professional YouTube videos on lash extensions and lifting before we did our courses to get an idea what to expect.

Good luck and I hope you enjoy your course x

Latest posts

Back