New to mobile hairdressing...help!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suzyc

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm a hairdresser who has just finished nvq level 3 but to make more money I've decided to try mobile as well as salon clients. I've got my first one (wahoo!) but there's just a few things I'm a bit worried about.

1) how do you shampoo the colour off?

2) do you all take a full length mirror for the client to see?

3) and how much do you all charge for an all over colour and a cut and blow dry?

Hope you can help me?! Thanks in advance xxx

Hi guys, I'm a hairdresser who has just finished nvq level 3 but to make more money I've decided to try mobile as well as salon clients. I've got my first one (wahoo!) but there's just a few things I'm a bit worried about.

3) and how much do you all charge for an all over colour and a cut and blow dry?

Hey :)

1) work with what they've got, I normally find the kitchen sink the easiest but depends on the tap.

2) I'd never lug a mirror round with me but it's up to you! Work however you feel comfortable!

3) I charge £28 for an all over colour but £33 for long/thick hair, and £20 for a cut and blow dry...the easiest way to work out prices, is to pick an hourly charge and stick to it, but add on the maximum charge for costs to you.

Hey,
I normally work with what they've got. Over the bath with a shower head, kitchen sink, or some of my clients wear something easy to get off and they jump in the shower and wash themselves.
I don't take a full length mirror with me but my case has a small one in the lid so I can show them the end result.
I went from being senior in a salon to mobile so my clients used to pay a lot for me, so to keep them as regular clients i made my prices quite a bit cheaper. . . £25 cut n blow dry and £30 global color . . . £50 full head foils. My clients all think my prices are reasonable.
Hope this helps xxxx

Hey :)

1) work with what they've got, I normally find the kitchen sink the easiest but depends on the tap.

2) I'd never lug a mirror round with me but it's up to you! Work however you feel comfortable!

3) I charge £28 for an all over colour but £33 for long/thick hair, and £20 for a cut and blow dry...the easiest way to work out prices, is to pick an hourly charge and stick to it, but add on the maximum charge for costs to you.

hi there!!
i also just use the sink or over bath if thats what they want, try one of those tap shower attachments :)
never lug about a mirror either, just a hand held one, and my prices are pretty much the same - 30 full tint, 35 on long/thick hair and my foil hilights are 40 - 50 for full head xx

Same here Hun, handheld mirror, lean over the bath and I'm £20 cut and blow, £35 full head colour or partial highlight, £40 half head foil, £50 full head and £55 foils & colour :) xx

Latest posts

Back