New to the world of Nails!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newnailnay

Reaction score
:) Hi

I am looking to break in to the industry, could any anyone give any good tips or courses that I should consider.

I am looking to become skilled in Nail art, application of acrylic or gel nails etc...

I have signed up so far with a company to learn manicure techniques however this is only a one day course !!

I do work full time so preferable looking to do a course in the evnings or weekend.

I live in the Bham area...

Help any one.

N x

Hi there!

Welcome to the site!

You can do a search on here regarding different training companies, and there are some in the Geek Links found under 'Shtuff' at the top of the page.

Ive trained with Essentail Nails who are perfect for being able to fit around busy schedules. Go to www.essentialnails.com They also have monthly payment plans too!

Good luck and all the best for the future :)

Speaking from my experience, Creative are brilliant for training and there products are just so good. I did the home learn course also, and its great for a step into the industry, but to me i needed classroom assistance. Creative may not be the cheapest, but if you go for the cheapest you may well end up spending more in the long run. This is for your future so invest wisely. But my advice would be to go with a top company.x

Hi and welcome to the site hunny , its great that you have decided to embark on the career as a nail technician . The manicure 1 day thing is fine , as long as you get an idea of the basics first you will be fine. I am learning still at the mo but i work for O.P.I nail bar so i get an idea of what everything is like and learn all the time about new things , Go for a nail enhancement system u would like to do then nail art. Its worth the time and money and the results are great. Take care and good luck
xXx:)

I am a nwbie too ! I am doing the gel course with essential nails and im really enjoying it! I also work and it fits in well around work, kids, dog, etc. I think its a great opening into the nail world! Good luck:)

Hi and welcome to the site x

Latest posts

Back