New to this site in need of advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xsimplexshelx

Reaction score
hi all,
im a qualified hairdresser since 2005 and just decided to go mobile.
i've had a quiery off a friend of mine whos wanting to add wave to the tips of her hair to add style to it, like all the celebrities. she mentioned about a perm, now when i qualified in 2005 the only perms we were taught were to either add volume to the roots or the usual curls from root to tip. i understand styles are always changing but could someone please help advise me on what size rods i'd need and whats the best product to acheive this. and if i would need to wind the rod to the root, as im sure she doesnt want full on bouncy curls.

i'd appriciate any help
thanks
shelley x

ok never heard of this method, but i personally would do a spiral perm but only on the mids and ends, with big rods :) and perm and netralize as normal :) just dont get any of the rubber bands on the hair, dont want her having lines :p let me know how you get on becucase this has got me thinking :idea:

Why not forget about the whole perm thing....vile! Recommend a curling wand or curl with GHDs then the style is temporary and no where near as damaging on the hair! :)

hi all,
im a qualified hairdresser since 2005 and just decided to go mobile.
i've had a quiery off a friend of mine whos wanting to add wave to the tips of her hair to add style to it, like all the celebrities. she mentioned about a perm, now when i qualified in 2005 the only perms we were taught were to either add volume to the roots or the usual curls from root to tip. i understand styles are always changing but could someone please help advise me on what size rods i'd need and whats the best product to acheive this. and if i would need to wind the rod to the root, as im sure she doesnt want full on bouncy curls.

i'd appriciate any help
thanks
shelley x

The problem is where you say - 'like all the celebrities' i'm not sure which celebrities you're looking at but probably most of them in this case would have had the digital perm, i know for sure Kate Middelton has had it, and also victoria beckham.

So as Blue said, maybe ditch the permanent idea and teach her a few styling tricks :)

hi thank you for the reply's, my client changed her mind (thankfully ) so i didn't end up doing it, she wanted it like holly willoughby (sorry for spelling lol) but she uses rollers and as u say a curling wand, i explained this and told her perms are horrid and not to risk damage to her hair just for this look which can be done with curling wands, she now decided to have full head highlights. x

Latest posts

Back