New to waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

P44SPP

Reaction score
Please forgive my stupid question I trained years and years ago and after many years out I took refresher courses and now want to perfect my skills. However my friend who is my guinea pig has offered to let me wax legs, bikini and eyebrows. My question is would there be a specific order I do these In to try and reduce discomfort and make the process as stress free as possible xxx

I always start with the face and work down. In saying that, when it comes to legs and a bikini or brazil i do legs first then bikini.

I actually do the opposite because I get them to lay on their tummy and do the back of the legs first.

As long as you are methodical there is no right or wrong way. Just work in sections. For example left calf, right calf, left back thigh, right back thigh, turn over etc.

It makes it more comfortable working section by section and quicker rather than a bit here bit there.

Good luck x

I work from the bottom upwards!
So for a full leg & bikini line I do:
Lower front of legs
Feet & toes if needed
Knees
Thigh inc b line
Other thigh inc b line
Client rolls over
Lower legs
Back of thighs
Apply cream to back of legs
Client rolls over
Apply cream to front of legs and feet

Then I would do underarms
Then anything on the face

Thank you all for the help xxxx

Personally I work from the bottom upwards :) but as others have said there are no right or wrong ways <3

Can I ask.... my wax pot from salon service .... what would be the setting for working temperature. I know it's 43 degrees but the machine doesn't tell you this. There are no instructions and settings 1-9.... what would be the irreverent setting. My wax seems either too funny or too sticky thick???? Xx

Can I ask.... my wax pot from salon service .... what would be the setting for working temperature. I know it's 43 degrees but the machine doesn't tell you this. There are no instructions and settings 1-9.... what would be the irreverent setting. My wax seems either too funny or too sticky thick???? Xx

5, and work from there until you get the right consistency xx

If just doing body waxing I start from the bottom and work up, first on the front of the body and then turn over. If the client is either nervous ie having a bikini wax for the first time or having facial waxing I always do those first so they can relax a bit and any visible redness will have calmed by they leave the salon :)

I always start at the bottom with them on their front so back of legs, bum if doing Brazilian then turn over and work up from legs to bikini then underarms then face. Only turn the client once.

I start at toes/ankles and do front of legs, bikini, underarm, face, then turn them over to do back of legs.

Latest posts

Back