New to Waxing!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lainy82

Reaction score
Hi there,

Well firstly I am new here!! I have just qualified as a nail tech and I am now off to start my waxing course tomorrow, but was wondering if you guys could give me some advice? What do you think are the best waxing products? Pot or roller system? And I've also just discovered the eggpot online whice sounds great but have seen mixed reviews? Would be greatful of your advice or comments!

Many thanks, Lainy82. :green:

Hello and good luck with your training. I would start with the traditional wax heater and spatula method as you can make money anywhere in the world, without having to worry about running out of cartridges for roller systems.
xxx

Thanks wax queen, I had great fun today. I really enjoyed it! But now I'm stuck on which heater to get?!! :rolleyes:

Thanks Chantell, I have just found a double one of these, but doesn't mention if it's suitable for hot and parrafin waxes also? Do you know? :green:

xxx

I use a Hive heater from most wholesalers. xxx

Thanks Chantell, I have just found a double one of these, but doesn't mention if it's suitable for hot and parrafin waxes also? Do you know? :green:

xxx

The Babyliss heater is suitable for any type of wax, the only downside in my opinion is that the capacity is quite small so for instance if you are hot waxing and you have lots of clients booked in, you might find your pot is getting low and you're running out of time to get more wax melted. With the Hive 1000cc, you can have a nice big tin of wax melted all the time and you can keep it topped up if you have pellets. The only 'downside' with this is you need more than one heater because it is simply not practical to keep changing the wax in your heater throughout the day. I would recommend 2x Hive 1000cc, and try to avoid booking in paraffin treatments in the middle of a busy day of waxing, otherwise you will need 3 heaters :lol:

xxx

I don't use hot wax i'm afraid and I use paraffin wax that comes in a tub so i just pop out the insert and in goes the tub

it works fine for me

Thanks everyone for your replies. I went to Capital today and I pick up the babyliss heater, but it's a double one so I can keep both warm and hot warmed up if needed!! Can't wait to get waxing!! :green:

Lainy. xxx

I am using a basic wax at the mo by salon systems but it needs to quite hot to apply in thin layer, so I would like to try other wax on the market.
I want a warm wax that will just do the basic waxing, eyebrow/lip/underarm/leg/bikini line. Must be kind on the skin and smell good:green:

Latest posts

Back