New website - feedback please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

h3llsb3lls

Reaction score
Hi guys

Well i have finally got my website sorted and it is 99% done. At the moment I have only gone for two pages but will add more in the future as and when i can afford it. My friends a web designer so he did it all for me.

Please can you give me honest feedback as i would rather get it perfect than wonder why its not working!

www.beauty-addict.co.uk

thanks a million

Really like the concept, not too sure about the spacing of the text, seems a bit too spaced out and a bit shouty.

Can you get your friend to play around with it. Block text can make it hard to read and information can get lost.

Love the colour and the pics! :)

xxx

its lovely...

Hi my name is Helen and I am a mobile beauty therapist bringing the (my) salon into your home. No more driving home with wet nails or putting your clothes on straight after your spray tan, instead you can just sit back and relax in the comfort of your own home whilst being treated by a professionally trained (and) fully insured therapist.
I offer a range of treatments including waxing, manicures, pedicures, eyelash tinting/ and perming, and spray tanning. I have flexible business hours to suit your needs both during the day and evening.

When creating a professional portfolio, it is important to make sure that grammar etc... is spot on. I have highlighted a couple of areas on your home page which you may wish to consider.

Rather refer to 'my' salon as opposed to 'the' (personalizes it).
Place and between 'trained and fully' and delete the , after 'tinting and perming,' and perhaps rather have it read 'eyelash tinting/perming and spray tanning'.

Hope this helps, otherwise well done.

thanks for your comments - this is really helpful - won't be able to make any changes for a few weeks though as web designer has gone away - never mind - its so good to get other peoples opinions on it - there are still a few bits i want to change myself like some of the images and the order they are in - just hope it makes me some money now lol

Great holds all the imformation you would want xx

Also referring to PHD as more hygienic ..... is that saying that your normal wax is less or not hygeinic???

I know what you are talking about, but do clients?? I would think about re-wording that...

I really like your website. It can be tweaked like some other posters have said but overall it's lovely.

Just my opinion, but your spray tan prices for parties seem really cheap!!! For a party of 5, you'll be earning only £60 (having given the host her tan for free). Are you finding that that's average in your area? If so, please ignore me xx

with the phd thing i did think about this and try to think of something that didn't make it sound like that but my plan in the future is to only use PHD for mobile as its less stress about spilling wax but i just wanted people to recognise why its more expensive and to be honest convert them!!

with regard to the prices a party of 5 would be as well as the host(6 in total) so i would make £75 (i think lol) - i think your right about my prices though i may consider changing these though as they prob are a bit cheap

Just an idea, but I took some advice that instead of "rewarding" all the party guests, we should "reward" mostly the host instead. Spray Tan parties can be hard work with a fair bit of preparation, and our prices should reflect that.

From 1st September my party prices are increasing from £18 each to £20 each (free tan for host with minimum of 5 friends, like you), so I'll do 6 tans for £100. I sometimes give the host a small voucher to use against a future tan, especially if she's new, and with larger parties I'll give the host a Free Gift too (a Fake Bake product of some kind).

My single tan price is increasing too, from £20 to £25 (with a "have 5 tans, the 6th will be free" reward scheme).

Can anyone else offer more suggestions on party prices?

Off the top of my head I thought you could offer anyone that comes to the party £5 off a spray tan if they book within the next month?

:hug: xxx

Last edited:
Yep that's a great idea thanks, which is still along the lines of rewarding clients who've already made us money rather than rewarding those we've yet to meet.

Not sure sure I'm generous enough to offer a whole £5 off their next tan though - maybe 10% or something .... but if things slow down in October I may well do exactly that! xx

Latest posts

Back