newbie here! hi

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nuttynikki

Reaction score
hi everyone, well this is my first post on here so first i would like 2 say hello 2u all!!
also, i am doing a nail 4 day foundation course next week with creative nail academy. i am very new to all of this, looking forward to the course but a little worried also incase i am totally rubbish!!
anyway, if you have any advice of when u all started out i would love to hear about it
nikki xx

Welcome to the site :cool: Well you are training with a brill company don't worry to much, You'll be fine We all at to start at the beginning

Welcome to the Nailgeek and welcome to the world of nails.

Relax and enjoy your class. You and the other students will all be in the same boat.

In my exerience as a teacher it is better to go in with a humble atitude ... the ones who start out thinking they can do nails in a 'heartbeat' seldom ever improve, they are so happy with what they think are great nails!! They are not!

If you are always a little dissatisfied with your work, it shows you are a perfectionist and this is a GOOD thing for a nail artist to be! You will always make improvements for years (and beyond).

Great to have you here.

Hi Nikki,

I have just finished the creative foundation course in Manchester and know that you will enjoy it!!!!!!

I am also very new to all of this and expected to be able to do perfect nails when I had finished the course (the whole four days) - OMG how wrong can you get? if you take this as being the very first rung on a very, very long ladder then there is no need to worry. Everyone (or those I did my course with) thought they were going to be rubbish & compared to most professionals we are - but Rome was not built in a day and you can't run before you can walk. So take the advice of the educators and have patience and keep on practising and practising and practising ............ you get the picture practice makes perfect............... so go and don't expect too much of yourself to begin with and you will have great fun.

Hi Nikki, welcome to the site. Total additions. I am sure you course will go well, leaving you wanting more! Welcome to the world of nails and goodluck with your training!

hi thanku all for ur kind replies, i know it will take a lot of practice and i really hope it works out! did u all start off mobile or in a salon? sorry if i dont get 2 reply 2u all tonight as im off to work now but i shall check in with u all later 2nite.
thanks again
take care all
nikki xx

Hello & welcome!

We've all been there so dont worry, just enjoy what you are doing and remember to ask qs if your not sure of something.

You'll have a great time and everyone on here is always happy to help Good Luck!

Hi Nuttynikki

I'm doing the Creative foundation course next week too!! I'm doing it at Leeds.

I've already done one nails training course but I believe that by doing the Creative course as well I will have a firm grounding for a future career!!

Good luck to you and you will love this site!

Hello Nikki and welcome to this fab site.

Just wanted to wish you lotsa luck with your course.

Hi nikki
welcome to the sitr you will find the advice and tutoials invalkable if youa re doing your foundation soon.

Hope it all goes well
x
ps we were all rubbish in the begining (and still r lol)

HI there I am also new to this site and love all the information I have read from you all. I feel sometimes alone in asking and sharing knowledge since I am a free lance nail technician. I don't work in a salon. Sort of a travel/home nail technician. So most of the trouble shooting I do is when I take classes. So I know how it can feel especially when starting.
Right now I am using IBD gel but am debating about switching. I am tossed between Creative's Brisa gel or Tennails? Any suggestions.
Thanks.

Latest posts

Back