newby to nails - help!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparkling_gem

Reaction score
help! i want my nails done ready for xmas, i have actually really nice nails but they keep breaking, so i'm gonna get some fakes, the place i'm going to do acrylic nails, are these ok, is anything i need to know when get my nails done

Are they sculptured acrylic or tip and dip? You prob don't know that and don't worry. If the technician doesn't tell you, massage them with cuticle oil, if you have a bath don't keep them in water for too long ( your natural nail expands and the fake one doesn't causing lifting). Enjoy having your nails doen and if you aren't happy tell her, i'm sure she'll be happy to fix them. We learn from our mistakes and we just get better and better!

Hello...have to disagree with the bath thing....if you have a great set of nails applied by a professional nail technician, they sure as hell won't lift just because you have had a soak in the bath!....believe.

thanks guys, i'm goona enjoy the pampering :)

sparkling_gem said:
help! i want my nails done ready for xmas, i have actually really nice nails but they keep breaking, so i'm gonna get some fakes, the place i'm going to do acrylic nails, are these ok, is anything i need to know when get my nails done
make sure you commit to refills every 2-3 weeks, use a good cuticle oil and dont pick them. if you cant commit to the upkeep, have them proffesionally removed by your salon. well cared for nail enhancements will give you no problems at all, you'll love them!

the most important thing to remember is if you feel pain at any time tell them to stop, some technicians can be a bit heavy handed with their files,leaving you with whats known as a ring of fire :eek: a good tech will never inflict pain on a client

stanleyann

stanleyann said:
the most important thing to remember is if you feel pain at any time tell them to stop, some technicians can be a bit heavy handed with their files,leaving you with whats known as a ring of fire :eek: a good tech will never inflict pain on a client

stanleyann

you took the words out of my mouth! don't go anywhere where they don't speak english, make sure you are able to have a proper consultation with the Tech that is doing your nails, not just the owner of the shop. Best to stay away from anywhere that use electric files.

i use an e-file for rebalancing. i have never damaged a clients nail plate. any damage made by an e-file is due to a tech not being trained properly in their use. i have seen damage created by some techs using e-files AND hand filing.

Latest posts

Back