Newly qualified, putting myself out there

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sweatpea

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I'm a qualified nail tech as of yesterday I have insurance, and I plan on working from home 3 days a week.
I'm looking for any advice on how to advertise myself? I have a Facebook business page set up but i haven't published it yet as I'm quite nervous.

Would a 'like & share' competition be a good way to kick start my page?

I literally feel lost but want to get started asap!!! My work is good so I know I'll get clients. This is just very new and out of my comfort zone :) xxx

First thing I'd do is publish your page, and then work on advertising by word of mouth. If you have any close friends, invite them for discounted services, and ask them to post their nails on social media, and to tag you. Another tip that worked for me was to go to your local cafe, restuarant etc, and ask to leave your business cards (once you have them of course), and invite the workers over for discounted services. This is kind of a "break through" action to reach the first layer of customers.

Latest posts

Back