No base colours

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hazyeyes.

Reaction score
We have run out of a lot of base colours.
I want to make 6.0 but we have run out of it and also run out of the in between colours (5.0 and 7.0).
Can you use 4.0 and mix 8.0 to achieve these colours the same. Or as some ashy colours.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Theoretically sort of, but in reality, No, it won't work properly.

The tonal content will be wrong.

How come you're running out of the basics?? That sounds like poor stock control or something? Is your salon being run into the ground?

Not at all. We just use a lot of 6.0 bases on clients. It a good popular colour to mix in other colours to cover grey.

The boss needs to be ordering more regularly that should never happen in a salon

yes you can mix 4 & 8 but god knows what it'll look like

If you're desperate yes but you need LOADS more of the 8.0 than the 4.0 cause the 4.0 will really drag it down. Unlike when you do the colour below and above the pigments stabilise each other. The other day i had one section left and ran put of 6/0, i had to use 8/0 and 2/0 cause thats all there was.

Anyone familiar with Schwarzkopf, Fudge or Lanza?

Yeah Ive got two clients in the next few days who both have a base of a 6.0 I'll just have to use a 8.0 and mix with a bit of 4.0. Ive done that before and its turned out ok.

Yeah Ive got two clients in the next few days who both have a base of a 6.0 I'll just have to use a 8.0 and mix with a bit of 4.0. Ive done that before and its turned out ok.

Why did you ask if it was okay if you've already done it and it was okay?

Why don't you go get the right colour if it's over the next few days?

I use L'anza. Fudge you can get at most wholesalers can't you? HIGHLY recommend that you listen to the other posters, and go and get some before you have to mix bases. Paying clients are more than risky to experiment on, and really shouldn't ever be!

I use L'anza. Fudge you can get at most wholesalers can't you? HIGHLY recommend that you listen to the other posters, and go and get some before you have to mix bases. Paying clients are more than risky to experiment on, and really shouldn't ever be!

I'm thinking of starting to use l'anza as looking for an organic colour range but worry that the bleach and highlift tints would not be strong enough, are they a good colouring system to use? I currently use wella but am seeing reactions more and more these days and it worries me hence looking for an organic colouring system x thanks

Latest posts

Back