No Show

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayt

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

dont you hate no show I waited tonight for a 8pm appointment until 9pm for a client. I had no answer on her phone and no response to a message left, I am cross ( but also slightly concerned and hoping everything is ok for her ) do lots of you nail tech suffer from missed appontments ?

Not just nail techs but everyone in the business. Drives me nuts but it happens to everyone. If you have a computer system you can send out texts to your clients the day before their appointment to remind them and apparently it cuts no-shows by 80%.
I think some people genuinely do forget if theyve booked quite a while in advance. I've turned up at the dentist a day late-actually i've done that twice!! Actually i've turned up for a dentist appointment when i should have been at a doctors appointment:eek: Maybe sending them a reminder the day before would help :)

I am mobile and on a few occasions I have arrived to find no one in! Normally post a business card with a note on the back saying I arrived and they weren't in. Sometimes they'll call and apologise that they forgot etc but sometimes you hear nothing! I just make a mental note with the ones that dont even bother to call not to go there again.

I also text either the day before or on the morning of an evening appointment to remind them, that's not to say I havent had one lady forget even after being reminded and telling me it was ok! she re-booked for the following week and gave me a deposit, then the following week she wasn't even in!! :rolleyes: gave up on her!

I have had this happen hun it's soooo annoying. I text clients now the day before with a reminder of their appointment and also put in it to contact me if they need to change or cancel so they have no excuse.

I totally feel your pain. I'm pure raging myself. I had a girl (my friend!) book for semi permanent eyelashes last friday (she gets 20.00 discount!). She text me that morning to say she was going to make the appointment... Fair enough I thought, these things happen. She re-booked for this friday and she has just text me just now saying she can't make it coz she is going to see her lad!:eek: I'm just annoyed cause I had to turn away a booking last friday as my friend was booked in and this morning I had a full paying client for eyelashes wanting to book for this friday and I had to turn her away cause of my friend also!! I'm pure raging lol!

I totally feel your pain. I'm pure raging myself. I had a girl (my friend!) book for semi permanent eyelashes last friday (she gets 20.00 discount!). She text me that morning to say she was going to make the appointment... Fair enough I thought, these things happen. She re-booked for this friday and she has just text me just now saying she can't make it coz she is going to see her lad!:eek: I'm just annoyed cause I had to turn away a booking last friday as my friend was booked in and this morning I had a full paying client for eyelashes wanting to book for this friday and I had to turn her away cause of my friend also!! I'm pure raging lol!

Perhaps you should mention discounts only continue to apply if she keeps her appts, and point out you are loosing full paying clients due to her re-arranging on you.
Just a thought hun.
:hug:

Perhaps you should mention discounts only continue to apply if she keeps her appts, and point out you are loosing full paying clients due to her re-arranging on you.
Just a thought hun.

Thank you. I have text her back saying that i have turned to full paying clients away due to her re - arranging on me twice and have asked her to let me know in future if she is not going to keep an appointment instead of changiing her mind at the last minute. Ta

Thank you. I have text her back saying that i have turned to full paying clients away due to her re - arranging on me twice and have asked her to let me know in future if she is not going to keep an appointment instead of changiing her mind at the last minute. Ta

I hope it all sorts out hun.

i have a polite reminder on my leaflets saying I charge £5 for a no show and that helped. I also ask for 24hrs cancellation notice. I get their home and mobile number. Text them the day before and if they don't show I add a fiver to their next appointment. You find they learn pretty quickly!

Sounds harsh but time is money and I got really fed up with timewasters. :)

i have a polite reminder on my leaflets saying I charge £5 for a no show and that helped. I also ask for 24hrs cancellation notice. I get their home and mobile number. Text them the day before and if they don't show I add a fiver to their next appointment. You find they learn pretty quickly!

Sounds harsh but time is money and I got really fed up with timewasters. :)

I think thats a good idea tbh, my chiropractors charges missed appts at 50% so it keeps me on my toes to remember when Im in next. As does the lady I see for massages and the like.
And having a time limit on it stops last minute cancellations which means you can fill that slot in with someone else if needs be.

Do you not have this other client's number? I would call her and tell her you have had a cancellation and she can have her's done.:hug:

Yeah I did have her number and called her back, but unfortunetley she had booked with a salon. It's been a really REALLY bad week for me. Everything seems to be going wrong. Totally disheartened lol x

Oh no. Well try not to dwell on the past. :hug: Next week will have to be better in comparison :hug:

Latest posts

Back