NOCN qualification....anyone heard of this?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kizzycat

Reaction score
I finally found out what the qualification was i was working towards. It is a NOCN National Open College Network.

Module Name: Hair care and beauty therapy - Basic Nail Extensions BPK532

has anyone heard of this qualification. with a bit of luck i should be qualifying for the advanced nail extensions (just waiting for the result) where would i stand if i wanted to a conversion to creative with this qualification (well the advanced one i mean)

Hi Kizzycat

I've been involved in education and qualifications for years and I'm afraid I've never heard of this. Also, I've never heard of a mix of hair, beauty and nails!!

I'd be interested in knowing what is in the syllabus

For both the basic and the advanced we had to do two assignments

basic:

1. carry out an assignemtn dealing with the parts and fundctions of the nail
2. carry out a second assignment describing the 4 different overlay types gel, acrylic, acrylic lyte and fibreglass.

advanced:

1. carry out a set of written questions covering contra actions and nail types including bitten, claw, and spoon and fan shapes.
2. carry out an assignemtn listing the nail overlay types and in-fill requirements.

kizzy

mum said:
Hi Kizzycat

I've been involved in education and qualifications for years and I'm afraid I've never heard of this. Also, I've never heard of a mix of hair, beauty and nails!!

I'd be interested in knowing what is in the syllabus

Hi Kizzy,

Was sifting through the threads and noticed yours.....was a little puzzled as to what the acrylic lyte was as i have never heard of it.

Thanks

YES!!! i have heard of it cos I have some of those... I have NOCN advanced nail extensions and NOCN Nail Art and manicure... It was just 2 ickle courses i did for fun after my first beginners course... No pressure, had great fun, great experience and it was FREE !!!! Only certain councils provide them... Hope that helps..

In fact Kizzycat... looking at where you are from you prob did it at the same college as me.... I still put the certificates in my NVQ folder... all experience at the end of the day however not a formal qualification...

Hi mamma

sorry i cant enlighten either as i could not find anything on the net about acrylic lyte and left it out of assignment. still none the wiser.

mamma said:
Hi Kizzy,

Was sifting through the threads and noticed yours.....was a little puzzled as to what the acrylic lyte was as i have never heard of it.

Thanks

I may be wrong but wasnt acrylic lite a lamp cured acrylic... sure star nails did one... could be wrong thou... sounds evil...

hmm dont know. cause there was a choice with uv gel. Not sure. I have got the print out that was given by tutor. it says Akzent Lite Acrylic, this means nothing to me but might to other geeks who have been doing it more than my mere couple months lol.

RAQUEL said:
I may be wrong but wasnt acrylic lite a lamp cured acrylic... sure star nails did one... could be wrong thou... sounds evil...

Akzentz is a gel which can be purchased from Nailsplusbeauty. I wasn't aware that they did a L & P, but I'm probably wrong.......the best person to ask is Karen at Nailsplusbeauty (distributor for Akzentz).

Star Nails did do a monomer called VF21 Lyte which had to be cured under a uv light. Reasons for use.......... I've never used it myself, but perhaps to give a beginner more time as the product takes longer to cure. Not sure if 100% right, hth

Latest posts

Back